• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mushibugyō (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Decent penultimate episode. I somewhat expected that cliffhanger. Oh and Sanada's spoiler[childhood] was also a bit tragic imo. Turns out, it's the same insect that made him who he is today as the one shown previously.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote
@Stark: spoiler[childhood? He was a full grown samurai, protecting the princess's family. Smile]

@ Merida: spoiler[you mean as opposed to a purple butterfly-thing?]
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:07 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

@ Merida: spoiler[you mean as opposed to a purple butterfly-thing?]

Yup. Well, it will probably come down to spoiler[Jinbei's love/friendship having changed her. But after it took her really, really long to drop down that damn well before, this time it was just BAM - white butterfly-thing!] That...puzzled me a bit.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:44 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that well has some odd anti-grav properties, for sure. Smile It kinda seemed like you could choose which direction you wanted to go, so maybe how fast you go in that direction depends on how fast you want to get in or out. I suspect that will not be addressed at any point...

I think spoiler[she's come into her own butterfly powers now, which are pure and white, as opposed to living off the borrowed powers of the caterpillar, which are poisonous and purple.] I dunno if I need to mark spoilers when I'm just guessing out my ass. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
dan7el

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to the next episode. It appears from the previews that Junbei spoiler[is going to go crazy powerful again.] I wonder if Naa's last action in this past episode was designed to make this happen?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote
for one brief moment I thought spoiler[Kotori was actually Ooka]. then we saw his face, and I got sad, but then he showed himself to be quite the BAMF and I was happy again
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote
That was a rather fitting ending, i suppose: cheesy, silly (what's with that meteor shower move?!) and fairly predictable and boy,spoiler[ i thought that last battle would never end]...which doesn't mean that i hated the show, it was pretty entertaining for the most part, but i don't think i will feel the need to rewatch it any time soon.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:18 pm Reply with quote
That was great. I wish they'd taken more time to wind down, but that's become typical. I think that ship scene was the first sign of subtlety this series has shown us when it comes to Jinbee. Smile I like how this series made fun of shounen tropes while using them flagrantly to great effect (first moe shounen action hero, I think). I'll miss having it to look forward to each week.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Fun series overall. The second half had quite a decent amount of decent episodes. I'm rating this one good although the first half's character focus got a bit stale at some points for me along with some cliched fan service here and there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad i stuck with this. It was a boring start, but once they got rid of the bug of the week formula, and Oharu, this show got better. giving this a good
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm kind of caught between decent and good. It was fun, but extremely simple in most areas. OTOH, they weren't afraid to wipe people out when it made sense to the plot (though obviously, not all the time). I think that fact tips the scales for me and so I'll rate it as Good.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote
It was an ending that really fitted the overall nature of the show in that it was incredibly cheesy and had a lot of action. I must admit that I kinda liked it, I wouldn't rewatch it or anything, but it wasn't that bad. I think that I'm going to miss watching this silly show every week.
dan7el

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:53 am Reply with quote
It was an okay ending. I could do without the added fan service. Likewise, I wasn't really satisfied with the explanation of Junbei's origin.
OldPilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote
Good show. It wasn't just mindless action and comedy, there was some heart in there too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4