• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! - The Death And Rebirth Of Answerman

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brakus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Jeez has it really been FIVE YEARS that you've been doing this? Time has most certainly flown! Thanks for the great columns and good times!
DaisakuKusama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quote
While I can't say I've cared for your run as Answerman, I will say that I honestly wish you the best in your future endeavors. The little sketches you did were the best part, so I'm glad that's how you chose to go out.

Looking forward to having Justin continue this column too!
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Thanks so much for 5 years of fun and informative answers! This comic was an excellent way to end your stay on the column, and will definitely be something I'll look back on fondly. Best of wishes in your new endeavors, and take care of yourself, Answerman! Very Happy
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Lol about the Rosario + Vampire. I can't believe people were that ignorant/stupid/whatever to believe that ANN actually makes anime... Or that we have power to force studios to make anime... Anyway.

I never got to meet you, but thank you for handling The Answerman for 5 years! It's really a shock to see you go, but I wish you the best in your future endevors1 Yes, for a mere 30k, you too can become a comic book artist!
StormSky92

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, Brian. I enjoyed your column ever so much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Probably saying something that people think the Kickstarter is real.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read Answerman articles in awhile but wow, 5 years, what a ride. I'm going to miss these entries ;.;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:00 pm Reply with quote
If season 3 of RV is a reboot closer to the manga, I couldn't see many complaints, if it was a direct sequel, I dont know how they could make anything but a season filler it went so far off the reserve.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I haven't read Answerman articles in awhile but wow, 5 years, what a ride. I'm going to miss these entries ;.;

Except Answerman isn't going anywhere, it's just going to be done by Justin now instead of Brian, who had taken over from Zac
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:13 pm Reply with quote
...Yeah I still pretty much always remember Brian as "that jerk who somehow thinks any sort of representation of Germany is glorifying Nazis" ever since he agreed with some guy that was bothered by uh. Rin Tohsaka from Fate/Stay Night having her spells all in German. Because German automatically = Nazis uh huh. Ugh. Not gonna miss him.

Also ugh lol every time people whine about no more seasons of anime for an ongoing manga I just want to laugh. Just. Read the manga. Seriously.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Can't believe five years have passed by already, Brian. Certainly enjoyed your version of the column, including your writing style and brand of humour. A breath of fresh air, if you will. Also thought this last column was a very funny and fitting way to sign off. Good luck with your future endeavours and may they shine brightly.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Except Answerman isn't going anywhere, it's just going to be done by Justin now instead of Brian, who had taken over from Zac

Oh I see.

Ah, I really haven't read an entry in quite awhile.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Altorrin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quote
;A; I'll definitely miss you, Brian. Even though I never asked a single question or actually bothered to send into Answerfans (sending emails is scary, okay) and I barely posted in the talkback thread, I totally read every week. Your opinions on stuff were always interesting.

[sobs incoherently]

Though I like Justin Sevakis, too, so I guess it's alright.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8