• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:14 pm Reply with quote
i bought an issue of shonen weekly sunday from this past summer, and theres a comic whose title i cant read that looks interesting. all i can say is that one of the characters was a kid who wore a hat that looked like a tomato, and theres an older guy(teenager?) with spiky hair and a long white coat(like a lab technician). the comic appeard to be a comedy, but with some fighting.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote
im looking for a manga .there was a story on it as a non imported title in animerica extra years back. its about a girl with glasses into a very weird boy who wears fox masks all the time and doesnt come to school. i been trying to find it but i see it no wherer not even in japanese. this is super obsure and i think i need some help. anyone heard of it. it was under the title discommunitcation. its no where in the encylopedia so i cant find where to get it.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Viga_of_stars wrote:
im looking for a manga .there was a story on it as a non imported title in animerica extra years back. its about a girl with glasses into a very weird boy who wears fox masks all the time and doesnt come to school. i been trying to find it but i see it no wherer not even in japanese. this is super obsure and i think i need some help. anyone heard of it. it was under the title discommunitcation. its no where in the encylopedia so i can't find where to get it.

It hasn't (to my knowledge) been published outside Japan. Discommunication is a "forerunner" of sorts to the more-successful Yume Tsukai by Ueshiba Riichi.

I personally found Discommunication unsatisfying, but the subsequent series is much more interesting. Yume Tsukai has also been made into a fairly OK anime.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tenkado-shujin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quote
cnile wrote:
i bought an issue of shonen weekly sunday from this past summer, and theres a comic whose title i can't read that looks interesting. all i can say is that one of the characters was a kid who wore a hat that looked like a tomato, and theres an older guy(teenager?) with spiky hair and a long white coat(like a lab technician). the comic appeard to be a comedy, but with some fighting.

It sounds like Ogasawara Shin's Anifunjatta!.
http://www.websunday.net/rensai/read/ani/page02.gif
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if this is part of the gravitation series [12.volumes]> I don't think so, beacause I've read a couple of volumes [11&1] but I'm not sure if this is included in the story,it's pretty funny Very Happy .I saw the anime though. If anyone replies, Thanks in advance. Anime catgrin EDIT***just found out, links like these are forbidden. Sorry.

Last edited by KAtchan15 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
hanachan01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote
KAtchan15 wrote:
I was wondering if this is part of the gravitation series [12.volumes]> I don't think so, beacause I've read a couple of volumes [11&1] but I'm not sure if this is included in the story,it's pretty funny Very Happy .I saw the anime though. If anyone replies, Thanks in advance. Anime catgrin [/url]

The link doesn't work for me. Do you have a different link? I'm a huge Gravitation fan, and I could probably help you if I see it.
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Thanks alot. Here, Hopefully this 1 works Very Happy I'm a huge gravitation fan as well. Very Happy [ooh and if that 1 doesn't work , maybe this will These tracks are from tracks 55-69. Very Happy byee spoiler[Ryuichi tells Shuichi that he loves him in one of these tracks, THEY EVEN KISS! KYAAA! lol Laughing ] This isn't remix or megamix though.Thanks Alot. Sorry 4 the trouble. Anime smile + sweatdrop EDIT**same reason as my previous post. Wink

Last edited by KAtchan15 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
DukeWellington

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Normally I just lurk through these forums looking to pick up on a good series or two, but Otakon has demanded that I raise my post count another point. I think I might just break 5 by the end of the year. But anyways, people I know over the web keep sending me pictures of this guy (http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/6268/1170041268350ef4.jpg) saying I should make a costume for good ol' Ota07. The only problem is, none of them know exactly what series he's from, and I don't want to get into something I know nothing about.. The quality looks fairly succinct with manga promo art, so I've come to you, ANN manga forum monkeys. Give me an excuse to buy a bowler hat.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote
DukeWellington wrote:
Normally I just lurk through these forums looking to pick up on a good series or two, but Otakon has demanded that I raise my post count another point. I think I might just break 5 by the end of the year. But anyways, people I know over the web keep sending me pictures of this guy (http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/6268/1170041268350ef4.jpg) saying I should make a costume for good ol' Ota07. The only problem is, none of them know exactly what series he's from, and I don't want to get into something I know nothing about.. The quality looks fairly succinct with manga promo art, so I've come to you, ANN manga forum monkeys. Give me an excuse to buy a bowler hat.

You need to do some adjustments so the link works. Just take the parenthesis out.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quote
KAtchan15 wrote:
Thanks alot. Here, Hopefully this 1 works Very Happy http://www.geocities.com/sailorspazz/gravi/track61e.html I'm a huge gravitation fan as well. Very Happy [ooh and if that 1 doesn't work , maybe this will http://www.geocities.com/sailorspazz/gravi/scans.html These tracks are from tracks 55-69. Very Happy byee spoiler[Ryuichi tells Shuichi that he loves him in one of these tracks, THEY EVEN KISS! KYAAA! lol Laughing ] This isn't remix or megamix though.Thanks Alot. Sorry 4 the trouble. Anime smile + sweatdrop

That's the continuation of Gravitation that started about a year or so ago (I think) in Japan. There hasn't been any word about whether or not this will be brought over in English, but it IS part of the Gravitation series.
kolibri

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
That's the continuation of Gravitation that started about a year or so ago (I think) in Japan. There hasn't been any word about whether or not this will be brought over in English, but it IS part of the Gravitation series.

Isn't that Gravitation EX that Tokoypop is bringing out starting next month?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:32 pm Reply with quote
kolibri wrote:

Oops Embarassed

Yes, you're right, TokyoPop is bringing it out next month. Now that I think about it, I do vaguely remember reading that.

So yeah, that's what it is that you've found. This also of course means that those links are to illegal scanlations.
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
kolibri wrote:

Oops Embarassed

Yes, you're right, TokyoPop is bringing it out next month. Now that I think about it, I do vaguely remember reading that.
So yeah, that's what it is that you've found. This also of course means that those links are to illegal scanlations.
Oh i see, Thanks a whole lot, marie-antoinette and kolibri so it's gravitation EX. It's really good.

*SIGH!!* illegal scanlations? Shocked I had no clue, I took off the links. It won't happen again , thanks for telling me atleast now I know.[please,excuse my ignorance ] Anyway, thanks again. bye
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quote
KAtchan15 wrote:
Oh i see, Thanks a whole lot, marie-antoinette and kolibri so it's gravitation EX. It's really good.

*SIGH!!* illegal scanlations? Shocked I had no clue, I took off the links. It won't happen again , thanks for telling me atleast now I know.[please,excuse my ignorance ] Anyway, thanks again. bye

You're welcome.

I wouldn't worry about it, since you got rid of them as soon as you realized what they were. Hope you enjoy the series when it comes out!
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
You're welcome.

I wouldn't worry about it, since you got rid of them as soon as you realized what they were. Hope you enjoy the series when it comes out!
Thanks I will! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 33