• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Offers Nisekoi on English-Subtitled Blu-ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

You know what I think? I think you're just fussy because you don't know how to drive a stick. Wink Laughing

a minivan and now a stick shift? what's up with the car references?
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Why don't you ask our friend over there? I'm sure he'd love to tell you. Laughing
JackCSutcliffe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote
How about we send something to AoA like a letter or something? If anyone wants to, here's their address:

ANIPLEX OF AMERICA INC.

2120 Colorado Avenue, Suite 125

Santa Monica, CA 90404
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Another alternative to a UK blu ray player is to get a pc with a blu ray player, you can get around region locking on a pc with several different video players. Also internal blu ray players for the pc have dropped to 50-60, maybe even less so if you any handy man skills its not that hard to install.

But agree with the others, 200 for 20 episode show. Not a chance in hell, especially with their cheap ass products. I have both Bake and niseo and they really weren't worth the price tags.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Another alternative to a UK blu ray player is to get a pc with a blu ray player, you can get around region locking on a pc with several different video players. Also internal blu ray players for the pc have dropped to 50-60, maybe even less so if you any handy man skills its not that hard to install.

But agree with the others, 200 for 20 episode show. Not a chance in hell, especially with their cheap ass products. I have both Bake and niseo and they really weren't worth the price tags.

That too. Right off the bat, you can install a driver for VLC media player that allows region free disc playback. That said, my own advice is a little bit biased. I have a really, really nice big TV. Laughing So by second nature, I tend to think everyone else would like to sit on a couch watch their stuff on a TV.

ムギまる wrote:
This makes absolutely no sense. No one is talking about Madoka here.

I was. I posted an Amazon UK link to it as an example of Aniplex's bullshit pricing over here. Animegomaniac found an agreeable ground. He too finds UK's price preferable, and finds AoA's price ridiculous to a point of a purchase denied.

AKA, he likes UK's cheaper price tag and finds it more affordable. As do, I dunno, most people? Cause, I mean, really. A cheaper alternative! Who would'a thunked it.

So. What about that doesn't make any sense?
Samo2222

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Regardless of price and all, the Blu-ray version of the series has had some ridiculous changes. Like SHAFT did the opposite of what they usually do when their series gets a home release. It honestly doesn't look as good as the broadcast.

http://www.otakutale.com/2014/nisekoi-tv-blu-ray-comparisons/
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if the pricing scheme was brought up at the Aniplex panels at Otakon, or was everyone bribed with prizes.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I don't really like Aniplex's trend of releasing shows in singles, but I guess I'll buy it. Shaft and Shinbo don't usually let me down, so I try to get any shows they make. It seems like Aniplex USA gets all the best licenses unfortunately.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote
JackCSutcliffe wrote:
How about we send something to AoA like a letter or something? If anyone wants to, here's their address:

ANIPLEX OF AMERICA INC.

2120 Colorado Avenue, Suite 125

Santa Monica, CA 90404

If these guys appeared to show the slightest interest in anything outside of maximizing their profit, then your suggestion might have merit. But as it is, it'd be a total waste of time. As long as their current model bears fruit, they're not going to change it.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
Step #2: Buy the anime from amazon.co.uk, or any other European retailer that ships internationally. Not only are they officially licensed releases, they're a shitload cheaper than what you'd be paying here.

They also don't have the Nisekoi anime in stock and won't for a while yet. Duh.

You want Japanese speed of release, you pay higher prices. Why is it that people cannot understand this simple fact?
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Wonder if the pricing scheme was brought up at the Aniplex panels at Otakon, or was everyone bribed with prizes.

I don't think they hold Q&A panels. Probably to avoid this exact subject. Any time it's brought up on their facebook page, it's swiftly deleted.

Because they care.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
^
Because they don't want idiots to spam them with the same old uninformed BS complaints. AoA knows that most people think their prices are too high; being the 112,804th person to complain does not tell them anything new.

As long as their business model works - and it does work, of that there is no question - then your criticism is worthless. If you are not willing to pay the prices AoA charges then you are not the sort of person they need to hear from because you aren't part of the group that keeps their business profitable.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
Because they don't want idiots to spam them with the same old uninformed BS complaints. AoA knows that most people think their prices are too high; being the 112,804th person to complain does not tell them anything new.

As long as their business model works - and it does work, of that there is no question - then your criticism is worthless. If you are not willing to pay the prices AoA charges then you are not the sort of person they need to hear from because you aren't part of the group that keeps their business profitable.

Too true. I'll stick to my current strategy since it's been serving me far more efficiently than any complaint I could direct at them.

And I suggest anyone else who finds Aniplex's business model problematic do the same. It'll do you a whole lot more good than just bantering on and on every time there's an Aniplex announcement. Maybe I'll make a thread in the retail forum when I'm feeling less....lazy.
LordByron227

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:19 am Reply with quote
Lol, this thread. Coming from a guy who bought the VITA for P4G only, who'll drop 500 bucks on new PC upgrades and over 1k on figures. I would not hesitate to pick up an AOA release if it was a series I truly love.

The fanbase reeks of entitlement sometimes. HOW DARE a company release something I CAN'T afford. Almost as bad as the people who live in Rent Controled/Stabilized apartments in my city.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
LordByron227 wrote:
The fanbase reeks of entitlement sometimes.

Only "sometimes"? I would argue that the stench of entitlement is more or less permanent. I mean, people can watch AoA titles on Crunchyroll for practically free, but instead all they whine about is how the home video releases are so expensive. As I've often said, many fans think they have the right to buy whatever they want at whatever price point they like, nevermind that different releases each have their own unique factors to consider. When you point out that there's an unavoidable markup to stop reverse importation these people will still bellyache in every AoA thread. Why? Because they think throwing temper tantrums will get them what they want; I can't blame AoA for ignoring them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6