• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sekai Project Launches Clannad Crowdfunding Campaign

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:05 am Reply with quote
megagold5 wrote:
They say there are going to dub it in Japanese (I am slightly confused as to whether this had been done already or not, but assuming not) for an English release. As far as I am concerned, an English dub should be the priority over the Japanese one for an English release.

No need to wait for the Japanese version- it's long been done already. Wink
I can pretty much understand why an English version of Clannad (the visual novel) isn't on Sekai's priority list at the moment- it would be too big of a risk trying to produce a dub while being limited on funds.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
^ I'll believe it once the campaign ends. As payment for Kickstarter projects are not due until the end of the fundraising period, many people do reserve slots only to have to give them up for whatever reason later on. Although I would hope that the person who chose the 7K tier intends to go through with the payment, there's a strong possibility they did so for the notoriety. I've seen this happen on a couple of Sekai's other projects, with certain tiers, despite being completely sold out for days, opening slots within the final hours.

The campaign still has two months to go. I think whatever happens to a few questionable pledge tiers won't change that the project will be overfunded by several hundred thousand dollars.
megagold5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
megagold5 wrote:
They say there are going to dub it in Japanese (I am slightly confused as to whether this had been done already or not, but assuming not) for an English release. As far as I am concerned, an English dub should be the priority over the Japanese one for an English release.

No need to wait for the Japanese version- it's long been done already. Wink
I can pretty much understand why an English version of Clannad (the visual novel) isn't on Sekai's priority list at the moment- it would be too big of a risk trying to produce a dub while being limited on funds.

Ah, so there already is one. Well on the time front that is OK then I guess.

On the money front though, there is already an (easy to access I would have thought) English cast in place, so no real need to deal with casting and that. As for recording it, of course it would require quite a lot of money, but flat out syaing they will not do it, not even as a way-off stretch goal, just sucks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4