• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Punch Line (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

I think the latest episode was a bit slow paced and did a lot of explaining. Not a big fan of info dumps but it does shed a lot of light on things. Also, I like Rabura's brother in this episode as his personality seems to be someone I think people can find easy to deal with.

The episode has a bit of Christmas spirit to it so that was a refreshing sight to see. However, the ending seems turn a bit sour again with...eh, Narugino collapsing?? Hmm..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Another thrilling episode. I got some giggles from the first half but the revelation at the end was quite something. Also, it seems like the cat wants part of history to repeat itself so that friends can make their amends. Not too surprising imo.

As for the turn of events, it'll be interesting to see what Yuuta's next move will be to save their future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I had a feeling when the face got revealed to be a mask that it would be revealed to be his old body.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Not bad for this episode. It had a balance of tense moments in the first half (damn it, I was actually hoping they would at least eat the hotpot in peace). I feel bad that Ito got herself involved again at the Shrine but this time with Guriko...

The stone cold truth also hurts as well.

The setup for the second half was nice imo with what Yuuta has in mind. I hope they won't rush the final episodes as there's a lot they could do.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I hope they won't rush the final episodes as there's a lot they could do.

IIRC, Noitamina series don't usually have more than eleven episodes if they're only one season, so the next episode should be the final one...
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Imo, this was the best episode for Punch Line. All the events let up to here with the characters uniting to fight to secure a better future. The action itself was also stylistic and imo better than I had expected, at least coming from this series.

I mean, the damn military and U.S. gets involved and not only that, we also got a little bit of mecha/robot action. The cliffhanger has me worried about Yuta and the others though. What do you do when a barrage of missiles comes right at your face?

Ingraman wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

IIRC, Noitamina series don't usually have more than eleven episodes if they're only one season, so the next episode should be the final one...

Another episode has been confirmed.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

So this is what they had saved budget for, the absolute best episode of the series with some great action, and a team assembling. My thought in the episode was that this was what the series was supposed to be. It was kind of obvious that Ito would use the mecha and that ghost him would control Rabura. And if I was to guess what will happen from the barrage of rockets and tank fire, the spoiler[ghost cat is going to stop it somehow, which will probably reveal what the secret is about him].
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:23 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Ingraman wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Another episode has been confirmed.

Well, yeah, watching today's episode makes that kinda obvious ;p (no! it still ends here. you just have to buy the home video release to see the final episode! ;p ). I had also not gone looking at any official website or any TV listings, so I was fully prepared to be proven wrong. I was also leaving a little wiggle-room with my "don't usually", but I'm not sure if they've ever broken the seemingly self-imposed 11-episode rule before.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:47 am Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
I'm not sure if they've ever broken the seemingly self-imposed 11-episode rule before.

Both of their spring 2012 shows, Kids on the Slope and Tsuritama, were 12 episodes.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Darkmagick wrote:
Ingraman wrote:
I'm not sure if they've ever broken the seemingly self-imposed 11-episode rule before.

Both of their spring 2012 shows, Kids on the Slope and Tsuritama, were 12 episodes.

Okay. I did watch Kids on the Slope, but I wasn't remembering that it was a Noitamina show or its episode count...
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale):

Decent show overall. While the story sometimes feel really awkward imo, I still find the comedy thriller feeling to be entertaining. They even got a bit of emotional scenes in the second half (I want that OST!).

For a show with panties as a gimmick, it was surprisingly a fun ride. Didn't expect too much from it but not too shabby either.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Would not have expected this sort of story from earlier. Yuuta, angry at Guriko for seemingly killing Meika angrily fights him(her), and is then saved by Mikatan. The windup for the "baka" was great. Guriko, who really is kind of broken in some ways, decides to try and turn things around by returning everyone back to their bodies, some kind of apology. Yuuta won't be forgiving him(her) that easily and says he has to do more than just die and actually do something good, while Yuuta gives her(his) body, which originally was Mikatan's (although she was known as Chiyoko then) her original body back.

The end credits allow us to see Mikatan with her body girly, and being a hero still. I like heroes. Oh, and they got some time paradox's to close, so spectral Yuuta went to finish them off, and for some reason Chiranosuke is a new kitten member of the apartments.

Flawed this show was, the panty thing felt like more of a hindrance, and it kind of was a big part. The show kind of took its time to really feel like these characters were really that interesting, but there actually were some pretty big surprises. With the series name as Punch Line, I take it as there really are some twists. I give the show a rating of So-so, I said it was not bad but it was also kind of low a lot of time on watch expectations, although it did pick up a bit in the second part. That second half was kind of a higher grade, but I can't convince myself it was enough to raise it overall.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4