• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Dub Casts For Overlord, Shimoneta, 1st Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin Film, 6t

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karyuudo0127

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
No Lex Lang as Sanosuke.

SHAMEFUL DISPLAY.

None of the original Bang Zoom cast are back for this. I shouldn't be surprised about this as they weren't in the Aniplex dub of the New Kyoto Arc either. That was one of the big reasons why I didn't support them when they finally released it stateside.
karyuudo0127

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

Hitokiri Kenshin wrote:
Running Wild wrote:
No Lex Lang as Sanosuke.

SHAMEFUL DISPLAY.

That's why I've been reluctant to watch the Kyoto Arc ova. No him, Steve Blum or the others.

Be grateful then because the OVA itself was garbage and yeah, Sentai bringing back some of the old Austin VAs for it didn't help at all.

The Austin VA were horrible since they used those in the ADV dubs of Kenshin. ADV should never have been given the license for Kenshin in the first place. Horrible translation, horrible VA. Even when Aniplex re-released it years later, they used the same crappy dub and sub tracks which ADV made.

At least Media Blasters did an awesome job with the translation and voices through Bang Zoom. Rika Takahashi will always have my respect for the translation work she did with Kenshin.
Spawn29

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote
I can see why they dubbed the Kenshin movies because not everyone likes to read subs. I guess if a casual person decides to watch it and never watch anything subbed in their life, they may want to turn it off. I remember in 2001 when I went to the movie theater with my family, some guy wanted his money back for seeing Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon because it was not dubbed in English.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:35 am Reply with quote
Micah Solusod's FB said it was a dream come true playing Kenshin.
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I can finally own Shimoneta!
LuckyChucky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:

I sure hope tomorrows interview goes good. I'm going to need some extra cash.

How long does Funimation usually take to start streaming the dubs after these late-comers are announced? Since Overlord isn't a simulcast, will they wait until the set is released before putting it on-site, or will it show up soon? I would like to hear how it sounds since most of the cast has only ever had minor roles.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
LuckyChucky wrote:

How long does Funimation usually take to start streaming the dubs after these late-comers are announced? Since Overlord isn't a simulcast, will they wait until the set is released before putting it on-site, or will it show up soon? I would like to hear how it sounds since most of the cast has only ever had minor roles.

first 2 episodes go up 6 weeks before the release date, then the rest of the show on the release date
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4