• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kiss Him, Not Me

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:54 am Reply with quote
ok, but who would she want him to notice? Cant be Sawamura or Furuya, he knows what they are capable of, and I don't recall him ignoring anyone else.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:26 am Reply with quote
I think you'll have to refresh my memory on the context and episode. I was pretty sure I remembered her just listing him as one of her 16 or 23 or whatever waifus that sensei would have to get in line behind, or maybe earlier in the series when they were drooling over favorite characters? So I don't understand your question. What they're capable of? I mean, there's tons of fan art with Miyuki x Sawamura and pretty much everyone else. ㅋㅋ
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:48 am Reply with quote
what she wished for at the shrine in the final ep

Lord and Akane to be together forever, Shion to come back to life, Levi to show his soft side and Miyuki-senpai to notice

I had totally forgotten that Miyuki was on the list of waifus, so now im not sure if this character was mentioned in an ep prior to the waifu list. it's not a big deal if we do'nt know where this character is from, but I am curious. I was hoping Amy might be able to tell us since she reads the manga, but I don't think she has ever commented in the forums
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:51 am Reply with quote
Well, I went back and had a look at the temple scene, then nosed around the manga to see if she finished the sentence there, but "Miyuki-senpai" isn't mentioned at all. However, I did run across this panel:

I believe they are, from top to bottom, right to left, Ga**ru???, Seijūrō Akashi from Kuroko's Basketball, Levi from AoT, Miyuki from AoD, Shion, and Akane. I would imagine the first name is someone from Captain Tsubasa, which Kae seems to be a fan of even though it's old, but she seems more like she'd go for Suguru Aizawa or Araki from Knight in the Area. Maybe Ga**ru is an especially covert form of Suguru??

So I'm pretty sure she means AoD's Miyuki. Since she always refers to him as "senpai" it has to be someone younger. Maybe she wants him to notice Kominato! That seems like a pairing that would suit her tastes, given her reactions to anybody x Shinomiya. Very Happy Btw, did you know Shinomiya's supposed to be half Norwegian? Shocked I don't remember that being brought up in the anime. I guess his Japanese genes won out in the height department.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Definitely didn't know Shinomiya was part Norwegian. Thank you for taking the time to look all that up. Curiosity now satisfied
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4