• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Notorious Animation Meltdowns

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:12 pm Reply with quote
K7P5V wrote:
Totally agree. Eva's last two episodes never really bothered me. In fact, I quite enjoyed them. I guess it was because I saw it during the start of my anime fandom.

I actually felt that way about His and Her Circumstance's last bit. Yeah, it was obvious the budget got seriously slashed, but at least the show had fun with its restrictions. (I probably enjoyed the puppet show episode the most out of the whole series)
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:44 am Reply with quote
While not exactly a "meltdown", the art style changing from the last scene of Ep4 to the scene's continuation at the beginning of Ep5 of From the New World was jarring. It was said the production got behind and Ep5 was done by a different studio, I'd believe that.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:12 am Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:
K7P5V wrote:
Totally agree. Eva's last two episodes never really bothered me. In fact, I quite enjoyed them. I guess it was because I saw it during the start of my anime fandom.

I actually felt that way about His and Her Circumstance's last bit. Yeah, it was obvious the budget got seriously slashed, but at least the show had fun with its restrictions. (I probably enjoyed the puppet show episode the most out of the whole series)

Yeah, my mind immediately went to that show when I saw the title of this article. Laughing
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:02 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Why isn't Evangelion on this list? The last episode is legendary.

KutovoiAnton wrote:
I'm surprised that there's no mention of Wizard Barristers. I mean:
https://youtu.be/UhmBnaEcbfA

probably cause not many people watched the broadcast. They fixed all that stuff in the home release.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=wizard_barristers

But Crunchyroll STILL has the broadcast version up... and that one scene wasn't the only thing wrong with that episode.

I thought it was already well known that streaming-only companies like Crunchyroll, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, NEVER replaces or offers the home video versions of their simulcasts. So viewers are stuck with whatever they got for the broadcast version.

Compelled to Reply wrote:
NisaRF wrote:
For Mekakucity Actors, actually the one in the original version was what make that episode special & make sense. I mean, this is a flashback, taken from memories of a young girl. You can't really demand a memories to be in "high quality".

It seemed like Shaft being edgy as usual, albeit ill-received, which is why it was changed in the DVD release.

Nah, it's just Shaft falling behind on production during airing as usual. They always change and fix things significantly for home video. The rest of the show also had usual fixups, not just that scene. But literally every show by Shaft has some major alterations / revisions from TV to BD even when there was nothing that stuck out as very wrong like this scene.
kenatsu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:38 am Reply with quote
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned Berserk season 2. But maybe that one doesn't apply cause it was terrible quality from the get go.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:49 am Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
I like the new poll, it really made me think about several different characters. Of all the ones I was familiar with it came down Roberta and Shiki, but I chose Roberta because she has an entire OVA series dedicated to what happens when she’s angry.

yea but when you get down to it the poll asks, whose WORSE WHEN THEIR REALLY PISSED OFF?????

a blood-lust craved ackerman or the bloodhound of florencia???? i'd say its the former over the latter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4