• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The Dangers in My Heart Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thesarum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:45 pm Reply with quote
In a way, one of the most important pieces of character growth on display here is Kyotaro's immediate realisation (well, not quite immediate, but certainly as soon as he had the pieces of the puzzle) that Anna was on the trip to be with him. That she was risking one future she desired for the sake of one shared with him. The Kyo of even a few episodes ago would never have entertained the idea, and would have immediately down played it as fantasy if it had occurred to him.

He is of course immediately overwhelmed with guilt. For making her choose, for avoiding her on the trip, for not realising sooner. Well I guess some habits are tough to beat. But he also knows immediately what he must do, and wastes no time second guessing himself: talk to her.

Of course, he's still an awkward dork that struggles to get a conversation started. So he ends up in that classic "hiding under the blanket in the girls room" scenario... and who hasn't been there?
AdditionalRamen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 25: Those were my favorite spoiler[confessions] I've ever seen in an anime. So beautiful and I fully wept. I'm not expecting an announcement of another season but would LOVE if there was one.

ETA: It looks like each cour covered 4 volumes of the manga and the 10th volume is releasing in Japan in the next couple of weeks. So I guess there would need to be at least a couple more volumes out before any new anime could get made.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:02 am Reply with quote
This has been one of the best modern romance anime and I was so moved by the finale and even if we never get another season I would be fine because that was the perfect anime ending honestly.
The Scream Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:29 am Reply with quote
I dont know if we will get more. If we do i am IN. If we don't I'll still be fully satisfied. A Wonderful series across two seasons. I loved everything. I hope they grow old and have a series of medium sized children together.

Bravo.
ItsThatBriGuy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
preteens

They're both fourteen as of this final episode, with Anna less than three months from her fifteenth birthday.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:29 pm Reply with quote
This has basically settled itself, as, in my mind, a modern masterpiece of a romance anime.

The animation, visuals, direction, voice acting, music, plot progression, character development, and a strong cast of characters all came together beautifully over the course of two seasons and with a perfect ending.

Not only did we get to see how much Ichikawa and Yamada have grown both as people and with each other, but all that development culminates in their mutual confession together, making them finally being officially a couple even more meaningful.

Now I have even more reason to check out the manga.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:36 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Now I have even more reason to check out the manga.

Absolutely. Best part of BokuYaba in my opinion is that the confession is not the end. The confession was never really the point anyway. What makes this show so enjoyable is the time Kyo and Anna spend together, and all the confession does is change the context of those interactions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4