• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hellsing Ultimate (OAV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:01 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I wonder if the Geneon issues are having any effect on it. I would think they would at least release it since they've already finished it, but I'm worried about the future volumes. I just read volume 8 of the manga today and I'll be sad if we can't that animated.

Well, I watched volume 3 yesterday and it was great. Sweet, glorious, over-the-top violence. And that dream was weird.

From what I've been reading about in the talkback thread, I think that this may be an issue for a while, but it will get resolved. If the rest of the series has to get distributed through somebody else, then so be it. Thing is that the Geneon in Japan doesn't seem to be having any big issues, they'll keep making the episodes, somebody else will dub them and either those who dub it or somebody else will distribute it. As long as it's coming out and they keep the same dub actors, I'm fine with that.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quote
But I thought Geneon USA was helping finance the series.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

That is correct, like what I said. Check under Japanese companies and you'll notice it says both Geneon Japan and USA.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I picked up Vol. 3 this morning at Best Buy and watched it this afternoon with my brother. It was great, as always, and my brother commented that it was the most fun he'd had watching an anime in a long while (he hasn't read the manga or seen the TV series as I have). Very Happy

Hopefully someone will be distributing this in the future if Geneon isn't going to. The OVA has been absolute gold thus far. Everything I've expected and so much more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:

That is correct, like what I said. Check under Japanese companies and you'll notice it says both Geneon Japan and USA.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Sorry, I didn't read that huge long post of yours and if you mentioned it earlier in the thread... yeah, definitely didn't re-read the whole thread.

I did glance at the end of your post and noticed who's voicing Rip. I'm definitely looking forward to that.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:52 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Yeah, that's what I thought. Sorry, I didn't read that huge long post of yours and if you mentioned it earlier in the thread... yeah, definitely didn't re-read the whole thread.

Actually, I meant I mentioned it in the Talkback forum Vol.3 review. But yeah, I don't blame you for not reading my posts. They can get pretty intimidating in terms of content Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop.

Anyway, I just rewatched Episode 3 in Japanese for kicks (like, the 4th overall time I've seen it now), and holy schnike, that's some good gore. Nakata Jouji is my all-time favorite seiyuu for his work as Alucard and the Count of Monte Cristo. I really wish head get more lead roles. He is so enjoyable to listen to.
tycel00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know when the fourth volume of Hellsing Ultimate is going to be released, or at least a guess?

Thanks
Gage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote
All we know is a Japanese release date which is February 22, 2008 but we don't know when OVA 4 will be released here in the states.
Luffy9000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Especially since Geneon is having a BIT of trouble.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:40 pm Reply with quote
The fourth Japanese volume is due out soon, but we don't know if they will be able to release the fourth volume over here in the US. Someone will have to get the distribution rights in order to be able to get it to us.
ysatis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quote
When i watched hellsing I didn't like it. I thought the story was too corny, and they hardly showed anything of alucard's past. I gave it a "decent". Now, 1 year later I think, I'm watching hellsing ultimate and I love it. Although I know how the story goes, I think hellsing ultimate is much better than the original hellsing and I don't only think that because there is more gore in it (Or am I?^^). I'm thinking of giving it a excellent(not that it matters). Has anyone else has this feeling, or am I the only one being strange?, or the most of you probably liked the original hellsing (because it has a large fanbase), I would like too know!
Animastryfe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quote
The Hellsing OVA series is much more closer to the manga in terms of characters, plot, etc. than the TV series. It seems that most people on ANN like the OVA series better, judging from the scores.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quote
No word on an English release of Volume 4 yet?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:17 am Reply with quote
^No word on Geneon setting a foot out of the grave, no.

As for episode 4, just a heds up that if you poke arround like I did you'll be able to find a sub for it. Also it's incredibly awesome, much better than I thought it would be actually from reading those scenes in the manga. spoiler[Oh man, I actually felt sorry for Rip. Man THAT has got to hurt. Ah well she was evil anyway.]
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:16 am Reply with quote
ysatis wrote:
When i watched hellsing I didn't like it. I thought the story was too corny, and they hardly showed anything of alucard's past. I gave it a "decent". Now, 1 year later I think, I'm watching hellsing ultimate and I love it. Although I know how the story goes, I think hellsing ultimate is much better than the original hellsing and I don't only think that because there is more gore in it (Or am I?^^). I'm thinking of giving it a excellent(not that it matters). Has anyone else has this feeling, or am I the only one being strange?, or the most of you probably liked the original hellsing (because it has a large fanbase), I would like too know!

When I had first seen the original Hellsing series, I thought it was great, but lacked a great ending to it, obviously. Then I picked up the manga, which in my mind is far superior to the TV series. However then I heard about Ultimate, and after having watched it have deemed it to be competitive even with its manga counterpart. For me both the manga and Ultimate bring out their own personalities to the series, both of them do a great job of presenting the storyline and characters. What Í'm looking forward to is how the rest of Ultimate will be able to tell the story that we find in the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8