• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz, Toonami, NFL Team Up for Eyeshield 21 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quote
DemonEyesLeo wrote:
Patachu wrote:
I, for one, will be interested to see if the anime makes a wider impact among kids than the manga has had so far.

Same here; considering the NFL is in on the deal there should be more exposure. That fact alone should bring some success.

I'm wondering if this sport show will have more success then Slam Dunk did. I hoping that people enjoy this series, seeing as how there going to have a chance to check it out on jetstream. Hopefully that will lead to more people checking out the dvd.
domino

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:27 am Reply with quote
Whoa, wasn't expecting ES21 to be picked up. Hopefully they'll handle the dub better than the awkward Prince of Tennis dub.

Now all Cartoon Network needs to complete its lineup of Shonen Jump awesomeness is Gintama...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:15 am Reply with quote
As someone who actually knows how to play football and tennis, I hope it's less embarrassing to us than Prince of Tennis. Laughing
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
SaveOnePiece wrote:
Scream in a paper bag or something because your flaming on this board ain't cool.

Maybe you should take your own advice. YOU brought your bad attitude to this thread first. YOU got angry first. Then someone has the balls to reply to you and suddenly YOU think you're being attacked? You brought this upon yourself.

Nice 4th grade comeback....I was never mad and only posted the pronunciations to help others. You got all mad because apparently you mispronounce their names and seeing me post the correct ways hit a soft spot and you got all mad.

Quote:
Don't take your anger out on me or anyone else.

Then don't take YOUR anger out on Viz for a dub that no one's even heard yet.

Once again I never got mad and only said that I will watch it subbed.

Quote:
I bought Bleach 4 on PSP today, plus I got more to do than play with "phonenetic notations".

You do that, sonny. You go play your kiddie grade-school video game, and leave the Japanese language to people who actually know it.

Is that why I'm playing a JAPANESE PSP game and your not. The game is CERO A (all ages) the DVDs are rated T and the DUB airs on the Adult Swim. You must watch Inuyasha or something.

I, for one, will be interested to see if the anime makes a wider impact among kids than the manga has had so far.

Of course it will since anime always outsells manga in America. I like how you leave out all the other age groups on a anime/manga for all ages.
JaxsonJaguar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Please God let them come out with ES21 Jersies. That would so kick ass I mean for me Anime takes a back seat whenever football season rolls around so this is like a dream come true. Who knew the Japanese liked American Football. But all and all I hope they come out with a jersy I'd be more than happy to hang it up next to my Jacksonville Jaguars jersies.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:56 am Reply with quote
I tried to use Jetstream once a week or two ago, but then it started asking me to update my active X controls or something so I just backed out. They need to put these shows on youtube or something, that just works without having to install stuff. Or better yet just torrent them.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:29 am Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:
crap

Whatever dude ... you "win," you're a TOOOOOTAL EXPERT of Japanese language, I don't see the point of trying to educate a poltroon who can't even use quote tags properly. I just hope that the day you speak to an actual Japanese person they're polite enough to not laugh in your face.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if it is such in the Japanese, but even if Monta IS pronounced Mohn-tah (I don't know why the "w" part enters in) shouldn't it be Mahn-tah in English ANYWAY, since the only reason Raimon agrees to the nickname is because Hiruma tells him it's an abbreviation of Montana, as in Joe Montana. And no one (that I know of) in the US calls him Joe Moan-taw-nah. (altho I guess it really depends on how you draw it or where you stress it, since TECHNICALLY Sah-KU-rah is the same as SAH-ku-rah, it's just a difference of which syllable you stress that makes the first one sound stupid)
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
SaveOnePiece wrote:
crap

Whatever dude ... you "win," you're a TOOOOOTAL EXPERT of Japanese language, I don't see the point of trying to educate a poltroon who can't even use quote tags properly. I just hope that the day you speak to an actual Japanese person they're polite enough to not laugh in your face.

Never said I know Japanese,once again you are adding in your own words like a bad fansub. Were you that guy at that game convention that asked Miyamoto a question in Japanese that was so bad he couldn't understand you and the audience laughed?
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
I don't know if it is such in the Japanese, but even if Monta IS pronounced Mohn-tah (I don't know why the "w" part enters in) shouldn't it be Mahn-tah in English ANYWAY, since the only reason Raimon agrees to the nickname is because Hiruma tells him it's an abbreviation of Montana, as in Joe Montana. And no one (that I know of) in the US calls him Joe Moan-taw-nah. (altho I guess it really depends on how you draw it or where you stress it, since TECHNICALLY Sah-KU-rah is the same as SAH-ku-rah, it's just a difference of which syllable you stress that makes the first one sound stupid)

It's pronounced as moantaw.
1stAgent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
As someone who actually knows how to play football and tennis, I hope it's less embarrassing to us than Prince of Tennis. Laughing

While it introduces the rules of the game at its own pace (it takes a few episodes, and sometimes only in game situations), the fundamentals are generally pretty solid. There's a few "special techniques" here and there, but a surprising number are based on legitimate game moves (Devil Bat Ghost = crossover step; Pyramid Line = airtight pocket protection; High Wave Defense = 3-4 formation, etc.). There's plenty of dramatic license taken with the game but for the most part I'm happy with it.

JaxsonJaguar wrote:
Please God let them come out with ES21 Jersies. That would so kick ass I mean for me Anime takes a back seat whenever football season rolls around so this is like a dream come true. Who knew the Japanese liked American Football. But all and all I hope they come out with a jersy I'd be more than happy to hang it up next to my Jacksonville Jaguars jersies.

Yes, that would be awesome! I had a Devil Bats cap printed for an Eyeshield-themed room party at No Brand Con this year, (pic here, modeled by local Haruhi), but a jersey would be even better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4