• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fall 2011 Anime Spotlight

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Inga
VA: Aki Toyosaki
A mysterious handsome boy who goes along with Shinjurou.

Seriously?
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the feature on UN-GO, I've been reading about it a little bit but this is way more information (in English) than I've been able to find anywhere else, really excited for the show now!
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Quote:
Inga

Seriously?

Seriously! Razz
Will definitely be following Un-Go as it is a Noitamina title (and I've yet to be disappointed by any of those titles thus far) (plus it looks interesting to me to say the least). Still undecided on whether I'll watch any of the other titles previewed thus far.
kufirst

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully Un-Go and Guilty Crown gets picked up by Hulu or CR. Love me some of that Bones animation!
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote
The background art in Un-go looks very good. I like several of Bones' earlier shows, although they can be inconsistent. The idea of taking a story about the Meiji era and putting it in the near future is odd, but hey, I'm willing to try it out.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Quote:
Inga

Seriously?

Have you seen the cast of Gundam 00? Inga is manly compared to those guys.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:51 pm Reply with quote
The Description of Konoha from C³ wrote:
She's a young lady who's kind, caring, has big boobs, and loves meat.

I can already tell that she will be a complex and interesting character.

Un Go, on the other hand, genuinely has my interest. I'll always give a detective series some consideration and the creative team is very impressive. It take me a while to fully absorb that Inga is a boy, especially after having misread, "attractive young lad," as, "attractive young lady." It certainly seems to have the elements of a lot of series that I've liked, including what seems to be a sometimes intrusive, sometimes antagonistic, sometimes friendly Inspector Lestrade or Kramer figure in Izumi Koyama, whereas Inga seems like neither a John Watson nor an Archie Goodwin, which means that he could be particularly interesting.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
GracieLizzy wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
Amuro was only 1 year older than this kid, assuming the people complaining even watched the original Gundam series which was always about a kid.

Heh yeah. A lot of people seem to be missing out that 15 is the go to age for Gundam pilots to one less year aint exactly huge. However I think most of it is the character designs. It's easy to miss that he's supposed to be 14, when his character design is presented in a similar manner to 10 year olds in other anime. But I wouldn't be surprised if the character designs are very deceptive to the nature of the series... I mean, it's Gundam and it is opening with MASS HUMAN DEATH SCENE. So yeah.

A year makes a big difference between a fourteen and a fifteen year old. If you worked with kids for a living you would know that.

Also, it's not that he's 14 as that he's 7 at the very beginning (in my view), which is REALLY, REALLY unbelievable if you work spend any time with kids that age. Even the smart ones simply aren't that developed at that age. Although I take it he wasn't actually piloting at that age...

OTOH, Renton and Shinji were totally believable as a 14 year-old mecha pilot... but they at least go into what happens when you put a kid into a giant flying killing machine.

My only beef is what the show APPEARS to be just from the synopsis and designs. It sort of goes against the typical Gundam atmosphere, and seems closer to something like SD Gundam... but then again, G Gundam was different yet awesome.

Well from what I've gleaned from the synopsis and trailers I get the impression that we won't see him as a seven year old very young and it will get to the '14 year old' parts rather quickly. I will admit to not working with children so perhaps you are right on the difference between a 14 year old and a 15 year old, I can't speak from experience there but I really don't think that just because the character designs are more kiddy and the series seems to aimed at kids is a reason to write it off.... after all... look at Zambot 3.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
You definitely need to read the Gundam AGE story or else skimming it and seeing this:

Flit Asuno
VA: TBA
Age 14. Despite his youth, he has developed the Gundam and the AGE System, based on the data within the AGE Device entrusted to him by his mother.

Asemu Asuno
Age 16. Flit's son.

Kio Asuno
Age 13. Asemu's son.

Will scare you.

QFT. Those tiny bios alone made me give this series a double take.

Including Un-Go, there're looks to be some very promising new anime this season~!!
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:22 pm Reply with quote
TeenyDratini wrote:
The only one I'm considering watching so far is Un-Go.

Ditto. Noitamin A has yet to let me down!!! Except maybe two shows...
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:25 am Reply with quote
I will check out the new Gundam. because it's Gundam.

Un-Go is a definite watch for me, since I love detective stuff

That puzzle show I can't remember the name of right now, I will probably forget to watch.

- character descriptions exist only as trope identification and boob size. I will be actively avoiding this show.

Awesome new feature, though!!! Very helpful!
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:05 am Reply with quote
not watch any of those. maybe Un-Go, there are much better anime this season that ANN hasn't show yet. Maybe they save the best for last.
Keyl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:08 am Reply with quote
I will check out the 2 new noitaminA shows if they get simulcast and of course Gundam AGE. There's are other that i want to check out but i'll wait to see the reception for them.
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:18 am Reply with quote
I love this new Spotlight! Thanks for putting it together.

Un-Go is the only watch for me so far. Great art and mystery solving? I'm there!

I can't wait to see (hopefully) more of these!
rowsdower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Masazumi Honda
VA: Miyuki Sawashiro
Vice President of the student council. She's very serious, skilled in debate, and aiming to become a politician. In the past she underwent gender reassignment surgery in order to succeed the family name, but certain circumstances forced her to stop the process part way. Her lack of breasts is a result of the surgery, but Tori treats her as a girl with tiny boobs.

I was already planning on avoiding Horizon, but at least now I've got a super solid reason to! This paragraph made me want to scream.

LOLOL (S)HE'S GOT TINY BREASTS BECAUSE OF A BOTCHED GENDER REASSIGNMENT SURGERY WHO CARES ABOUT HOW (S)HE IDENTIFIES AS A PERSON. TINY BOOBS, ISN'T THAT HILARIOUS, GUYS??

How disrespectful and disgusting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 11