• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(A) Certain Magical Index (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, watched the second episode and noticed something off; i feel the character models have lost some definition and sharpness of the lining, making them seem wrong to me

other than that, i also think they changed the Imagine Breaker sound effect and it seems spoiler[Terra of the Left] has appeared.

To be honest though, i feel strained with the fanservice and Itsuwa's character at this point, frankly they feel hollow and dumbfounding rather than funny

Regardless, lets see how the action goes.
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:57 pm Reply with quote
episode 4
And so the other two protagonists appear, Accelerator and Hamazura Shiage

All told, I do feel like they cut out quite a bit of side exposition relating to the spoiler[counter sniping stratagy] that was established but that was probably for the best to keep things movie

The gag with Hamazura was done well as the image didn't look too terrible and the reactions are funny as though Takitsubo is very bland to me.

Hamazura seems like a funny character with some relatability, at least more than Touma though i do admit that they seem to be glossing over the tension he has with ITEM.

All and all, this seems like a sufficient start to the Battle Royale arc, but i feel it's too rushed which concerns me for other arcs
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:26 am Reply with quote
I thought that the Accelerator series was supposed to be next year? Also, had ITEM appeared in Index before? I seem to remember them more from Railgun, where they had a fight with Misaka.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:41 am Reply with quote
^ Yes; no.

Accelerator takes the main stage in two/three of the arcs from this season, though he shares it with the other protagonist(s). This arc is the first mention of ITEM chronologically, as this was written before they showed up in Railgun.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13

Okay, this arc had some problems with how it was supposedly in England, but some steps too far. Like they would really allow a subway underneath Buckingham palace, that is just plain silly, even with all the silly stuff that is in the show. And really, Toma's phone can work so well in said subway?

I do think that I am coming aware of something that is annoying me about this franchise now, every female character has to be made to be embarrassed, and probably about their body. Either something about bust size, or clothes.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 26 (finale)

A someone who was a fan for most of the time the anime franchise has run, I did not like this third season. For reasons I can maybe only assume my tastes have changed, after all I think that I grew a lot less interested in the sort of unlucky guy accidentally does something sexual to female character, and then they are both embarrassed and he probably gets hit. But I was also kind of annoyed at the Touma character in general. I thought Touma was mostly supposed to be a normal guy, except for his arm and his code, but there were times where he felt like he went too far beyond that. The also level 0 Hamazura was probably even worse, I thought that he was supposed to be just a bit of a punk, mostly normal person, and yet this season had him like some sort of ridiculous action hero. He kills trained soldiers with better equipment, numbers, training, and probably position. It seriously feels like the guy got main character powers, and now suddenly an unstoppable force, and even does horrible things that would show him as a psychopath or scar any normal person. He once defeated a tank by somehow getting on top of it, poor vodka over it and setting it on fire.

But of course there is still Touma, who for instance punches Accelerator at the exact time he needed it, with Touma giving him a speech, despite the fact he would not have been acting too different from how he would elsewhere. Touma should not have known anything, so you might as well had an arc where Accelerator was fine, have Touma come in with the same speech due to similar circumstances, and just have been confusing. There is Accelerator too, who is kind of cool, but now it just kind of feels like a teenager who thought they were edgy and so deep in the past, and hasn't grown out of it. It feels a little embarrassing. The last episode was also really weird with him too, where he became an angel to go do something, but we never see what that was and the next time we do he has been captured, but not really. There are probably other times things like this happened too, and I kind of wonder if it has been a problem with the fact that there are way too many characters, that you are bound to forget who people are, and what is relevant to the story. With Touma, you just kind of forget that one big problem for him is supposed to be that he lost his memories in the first arc of the series, and then people find out and you just kind of go, okay, I guess they know now.

I don't really know what else to say, whether there is any saving grace of animation or music, but it does not feel like it matters. Regardless of upgrades, this just feels like a history that the current anime climate probably should have got past. I have 9 DVD sets/cases (each season over 2), and I don't think that I have any interest to continue it now. Maybe this is all unfair as I could have been fine when I used to be into it, but I am not happy now. I give it a rating of Not really good (4/10), but not a total waste of time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 32 of 32