• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tomoe Tamiyasu, Hikaru Midorikawa Star in Little Busters! Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote
This may end up being one of the most important projects in JC Staffs career. Its a big risk/reward here.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
well...dang. honestly even if key is supervising i have very low expectations on this i dont have a good JC track record since i only really enjoyed index and shana from them and the entire staff for it just seems they thought of it at the last second since all the staff (minus the writer) have done comedies and LB isnt a comedy so i doubt this is going to go well at all much less going anywhere near clannads level. @ryan best case scenario: it does just as well as clannad and we get a rewrite adaption by them in the near future due to its sucess and worst case: it turns into the next gundam age where the fan hate sticks to it even after it airs and flops because of it and we never get a rewrite adaption. also another thing why the hell choose JC staff of all people? why not go back to aniplex and greenlight the project they wanted to do?
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
This may end up being one of the most important projects in JC Staffs career. Its a big risk/reward here.

Well, let's just wait until the series aired and ended, and if it's good, faith to JC will be restored (and the director will receive a lot of recognition). If it's not, JC will be hailed as a no-good VN anime studio by anime fans, and demand KyoAni to remake it.

For now, let's just hope for the best. I believe that Key staffs know that the fans want the best, and I think they will monitor everything done by JC. Hopefully Maeda himself would check the script and direction, so no one can ruin his masterpiece.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Well, let's just wait until the series aired and ended, and if it's good, faith to JC will be restored (and the director will receive a lot of recognition). If it's not, JC will be hailed as a no-good VN anime studio by anime fans, and demand KyoAni to remake it.

For now, let's just hope for the best. I believe that Key staffs know that the fans want the best, and I think they will monitor everything done by JC. Hopefully Maeda himself would check the script and direction, so no one can ruin his masterpiece.

i heard that maeda is indeed part of the anime project and is supervising it as is the original writer (of course i had the exact oposite a couple times but im assuming the former for now) for komaris and kurugayas routes (im assuming the same can be said about the other writers and their apparently doing komaris route first IRRC) and they already confirmed it has a long timeslot (4 cour?) and no original anime characters so it could stay true to the VN but i still dont have much faith in JC staff to turn the dramatic parts of it right.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Welp, it wasn't photoshopped, who'd've thunk it.

RyanSaotome wrote:

As opposed to the hundreds of other anime they've produced? Oh, OK.

And let's not act like Kyoto Animation are gods of anime here, they are responsible for that Endless Eight trash.

They also animated K-On. As far as I'm concerned that's reason enough alone to blacklist them form animation period.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:00 am Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:

RyanSaotome wrote:

As opposed to the hundreds of other anime they've produced? Oh, OK.

Well yeah. This has the potential to be their biggest selling anime in the companies history. Railgun holds that title currently at 25k per volume, and Clannad sold about 30k per volume. If its done right, it should top Railgun.

From the way you've been discrediting the importance of this anime, it really makes me think you have no idea just how big Little Busters is. Its the best selling visual novel of the last 5 years, with many re-releases on different systems (like PS2, PSP and Vita). This is an absolutely massive release on the level of Clannad, and easily the biggest franchise that JC Staff has picked up in years.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
And let's not act like Kyoto Animation are gods of anime here, they are responsible for that Endless Eight trash.

They also animated K-On. As far as I'm concerned that's reason enough alone to blacklist them form animation period.

I don't know where did I read this rumor, but it is said that Kadokawa is the one who insist KyoAni to make Endless Eight. I'm not sure though, so CMIIW. I also heard that Yamakan stated that Endless Eight won't be accepted longer than 2 episodes, so he left KyoAni.

And personally, even though I don't like K-ON, I think KyoAni did a very good job making it anime. K-ON was not very popular until KyoAni animated it. And KyoAni did good on other 4koma anime, like Lucky Star and Nichijou. I think making an anime adaption is supossed to raise the popularity of the original source, so I think KyoAni do real good jobs.

Even though their works are not as many as JC, but so far their adaptation works are really recognizable and pretty memorable.
It's like, they are keeping their quality pretty constant, unlike JC.
opn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:

RyanSaotome wrote:

im not that big of a kyo ani fan myself i only really liked clannad,kanon,air,FMP,nichijou and k-on (or loved in clannads case) everything else i really didn't like if anything i wanted this to go to PA works the most since i have a much better track record with them.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:00 am Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:

I don't know where did I read this rumor, but it is said that Kadokawa is the one who insist KyoAni to make Endless Eight. I'm not sure though, so CMIIW. I also heard that Yamakan stated that Endless Eight won't be accepted longer than 2 episodes, so he left KyoAni.

Uh-uh. We're not gonna bury JC for a show they haven't even started yet, and get Kyoto off for one failure that's in the books. It may be a rumour that XYZ, but the fact it they still did it.

Ever since it leaked people have been acting like JC intends on taking the game discs and using them as coasters around the office - or tiny frisbees for their dogs, while wringing their hands over the horror they plan to unleash on the world.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:06 am Reply with quote
Considering how they adapted Tsukihime, that might not be too far from the truth.
TJR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
also another thing why the hell choose JC staff of all people?

What has the producer worked on, and who built some of his biggest hits? They have a fruitful partnership (Shana, Index, Railgun....), so there's probably much trust between them.

Yoshiki Yamakawa isn't unknown to Warner's producers either since they were previously involved with Hatsukoi Limited.

Quote:
Why don't they pick a better director like Nagai Tatsuyuki and Ishihara Tatsuya?

Both were relatively unknown before hitting it big with Toradora! (heck, not many cared for Idolmaster Xenoglossia, which Nagai directed the year before) and AIR, respectively. Producers recognized potential and let them direct high profile projects.

BTW, Ishihara is a Kyoto Animation employee, so he doesn't have the freedom to take on projects (without approval, which he probably wouldn't get) outside the company.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
JC Staff is probably my favorite animation studio, so I'm sort of excited to see how they will handle this. Of course, people seem to forget how animation production is handled in Japan. Decisions regarding plotting, characters, etc, are decided by the production committee. JC Staff simply produces the animation and puts the final product together. They have little power over things like plots and scripts ultimately. Any issues with that are more appropriately aimed towards the committee. Now if the show has poor animation or backgrounds, then that is ultimately JC's fault. Would you blame Film Roman for scripting changes to the Simpsons?
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Considering how they adapted Tsukihime, that might not be too far from the truth.
Yesh, one bad cartoon 9 years ago and people won't get off your back about it.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Well it's not like their current crop has been stellar. They somehow even made profitable franchises like Shana and Zero no Tsukaima into either barely breaking even (Shana) or big flops (ZnT) with the final season of each. The last thing JC Staff animated that I liked was Nodame Cantabile, and I think that was just from the strength of the original source (and Kenichi Kasai's outstanding directing).
opn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
anyone else curious why ANN doesn't have a article up yet for the studio confirmation? isn't the mag already out in japan now so shouldn't they have made a article by now?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6