• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Anime Firms Reveal Plans for Coming Year

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:38 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Sometimes it goes the other way - in both Lucky Star and Manabi Straight the characters are in their last year of school but their character designs make them look much younger, same with Sky Girls where they are all over 16 (thus legal in Japan and over here) with the exception of Elise.

Which reminds me of some comments I've seen on Youtube on Lucky Star related videos a while back before Lucky Star was released here. A few idiots started railing away at everyone else as being pedophiles. Of course there was no convincing them since in their minds they were standing on moral high ground. Those few are probably convinced now all anime fans are teh evil.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Which reminds me of some comments I've seen on Youtube

Stop right there, no further explanation needed. Nowhere on the internet do you find a collection of idiots so dense as the morons who leave comments on YouTube videos.

Well, arguably the morons who leave comments on MSN.com articles, but they're not really dumber, just more annoying because they think they're smart.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:37 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
configspace wrote:
Which reminds me of some comments I've seen on Youtube

Stop right there, no further explanation needed. Nowhere on the internet do you find a collection of idiots so dense as the morons who leave comments on YouTube videos.

Well, arguably the morons who leave comments on MSN.com articles, but they're not really dumber, just more annoying because they think they're smart.
I hear lots of the 4Chan irks lurk at Youtube
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:25 am Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Nowhere on the internet do you find a collection of idiots so dense as the morons who leave comments on YouTube videos.

For you own sanity I recommend never visiting Crunchyroll.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5