• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Nice Boat' Video Posted Instead of Haruhi-chan Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
Tyrenol wrote:
It's not even April 1st yet!

Explain to me why I shouldn't treat this post of yours as pure spam.

It's known as "beating up someone who begs for a beating."

Or, atleast, that's what I call it.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was pretty funny and some of the pictures are really nice.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:31 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
You know how hard it is for an anime fan to say "I love bandai"

They keep this up and they're going to be as hated by fans as the gainax staff after the last episode of evangelion Laughing

I do love Bandai. <_< When it comes to extras, they're the best. It also helps I've never had a disc issue that so many seem to complain about...

Quote:
I have to wonder why you think you are the target audience in the first place?

Um, I don't know if you're naive or just confused, but if you think the majority of the people in here aren't going to be watching it as soon as it airs, you're sorely mistaken. We're complaining because we're as eager to watch it as any Japanese audience is, and we'll watch it when they watch it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, I don't much care for that boat. It doesn't deserve Nice Boat status.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Tyrenol wrote:
abunai wrote:
Tyrenol wrote:
It's not even April 1st yet!

Explain to me why I shouldn't treat this post of yours as pure spam.

It's known as "beating up someone who begs for a beating."

Or, atleast, that's what I call it.

I have a different word for it. Now behave yourself, or I will call your mother and have her take you offline for a week. Then what are you going to do, all alone in her basement with no internet?

- abunai
"Don't make me come down there, young man! I'm warning you!" "Awww, Mom!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Quark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:

I do love Bandai. <_< When it comes to extras, they're the best. It also helps I've never had a disc issue that so many seem to complain about...

Oh man, I'm so in agreement with you here. Whenever I get a Limited Edition disk from Bandai, I'm in utter nerd bliss - they pack so much cool stuff in with those DVDs. Plus, I love the fact that they will release a show three different ways (Limited Edition, regular singles, cheap boxset) to suit the various types of collectors out there. Why would any anime fan say they hate Bandai?

Anyway, I don't think modern anime fans know the meaning of the word 'anticipation' anymore. I think because of digital fansubs, many of them have become so used to getting their shows RIGHT NOW instead of having to wait, that they've forgotten that sometimes, having to wait actually makes what you're waiting for even better.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Stop baaaawing. You'll get your precious Haruhi in due time.

It's called PATIENCE. Ever heard of it?
sailorsean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Re: Video-

LOL funtimes

Re: Thread-

LOL fanbabies

You stay classy, ANN. Anime smile

haha soo true Laughing
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Pardon whilst I rub salt in the crybabies' wounds, but this just seems so, SO VERY APPROPRIATE to put this here. Might as well... :lol:

Okay, that made my day even better. Got to hand it to you Unit, you have great timing for these types of events.

On a much more serious note, I can't really blame the fans for feeling this way. For once, the fans do a have a valid reason to get mad. To keep on prolonging season two and then to sequencely delay it longer is even worse. As I said earlier, this whole sitution reminds me of when I heard Nintendo mention they might license Mother Three.

Because a friend of mine told me about School Days in detail, this mgiht have worked then, but not now. This is really going to piss off a ton of fans, rightfully so in this case though. In any case though, I wonder how many more months or even years the second season will actually come out?
pparker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Because a friend of mine told me about School Days in detail, this mgiht have worked then, but not now.

Hello? This is a cartoon. And it's not even THE cartoon. It's an online parody of said cartoon.

And for the record, you should watch School Days instead of getting a summary. It's an excellent subversion of harem anime, as is MoSH--the real one.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
My question is, this isn't really the sequel to the show, is it? Just a chibi-fied sketch-style version. And it's never coming to the US. So I say...big frackin' deal.

I think everybody is just upset because it's been almost three years since there even was a Haruhi anime. Sure, there's been the various manga, dojinshi, games, music, parodies, but there has been nothing that has resembled a second season or even a spinoff. Everybody's just gettting pissed these days, but that's their thing.

minakichan wrote:
Trying my patience... what did I buy all those Haruhi figurines for?! Maybe this series just isn't worth it anymore.

Which makes me glad I didn't get into this series seriously.
highscore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:48 am Reply with quote
ugh. that is so wrong. it's sort of funny. but after a couple years of being toyed with... it's so wrong.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:08 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Yes, But screwing your customers over constantly is called BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE, ever heard of that and what happens when it happenes with BAD ECONOMICAL SITUATION?
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:16 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Yes, But screwing your customers over constantly is called BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE, ever heard of that and what happens when it happenes with BAD ECONOMICAL SITUATION?

Look at the circumstances though. What effect will it really have? Haruhi has become such a massive hit and more importantly, it's fans tend to be pretty...fanatical. I've seen a lot of people who absolutely love Haruhi, but very few who just sort of like it. I've never seen it myself but I'll tell ya, if they made a second season of Cowboy Bebop, Shinichiro Watanabe could personally fly to Canada, break into my house and urinate on my furniture, and I'd still buy it. If most of these people love Haruhi as much as they seem to, I doubt this so called 'bad business' is going to be enough to stop them from seeing it. Maybe they will lose a few people who just kinda liked it, but then again, those people probably don't care enough to get all pissed off over this anyway.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Conan-san wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Look at the circumstances though. What effect will it really have? Haruhi has become such a massive hit and more importantly, it's fans tend to be pretty...fanatical. I've seen a lot of people who absolutely love Haruhi, but very few who just sort of like it. I've never seen it myself but I'll tell ya, if they made a second season of Cowboy Bebop, Shinichiro Watanabe could personally fly to Canada, break into my house and urinate on my furniture, and I'd still buy it. If most of these people love Haruhi as much as they seem to, I doubt this so called 'bad business' is going to be enough to stop them from seeing it. Maybe they will lose a few people who just kinda liked it, but then again, those people probably don't care enough to get all pissed off over this anyway.

Let's be blunt, there are people who literally worship Haruhi, Kodakawa could go in their house murder their parents, and use their blood to write "Watch the next season of Haruhi in April" and the fan would watch Haruhi in April.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6