• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kämpfer (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:11 pm Reply with quote
The whole initial post was an early morning rant (about 1:30am here I think) and I was just trying to get stuff down while it was fresh in my mind so I could be done with it.

In hindsight, I could have obviously just prepared a more coherent, structured and slightly less inflammatory post by rewatching some episodes today (the thought sends shivers down my spine, haha) and posting then. But where's the fun in that? Laughing My impulsiveness gets me into trouble occasionally, it's always the way.

The internet: Home of misunderstandings.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Well Kampfer really isn't for everyone, some might just enjoy it by turning off their brain and enjoy seeing a clueless lead, a cliche yet srange harem and pretty girls. I think it presented cliche and presented in a strange kind of quirky way.

I also recently took a look at the special of Kampfer, it has the soft toys discusing how to market their toyline better. They kind if discuss that they are a bit creepy but also cute, they invite glasses and he just further points out that who would find an animal corpse cuteand then think her other self would be more helpfull.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I watched some of that, but it was just so booooring. Maybe if I understood Japanese and didn't have to read subtitles on a mostly static image it wouldn't have been so bad, but even so, it wasn't funny at all, nor interesting. The whole concept of the dead stuffed animals is weird without being particularly engaging or amusing, so having them just blather about their nature and appeal is frustratingly vapid. I suppose people who love the seiyuu for the animals could possibly enjoy it.
RaZoR No1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:47 pm Reply with quote
i finished it today and i must say that i liked it.
it was really funny (for me) and the idea of it was really good ^^
for me it was too short. i mean only 12 episodes Confused
i enjoyed every episode from the beginning and i will rewatch it someday ^^
its fun to see how the characters are reacting .

btw: was episode 11 or 12 the real end or will there be more ?
maybe some specials or season 2 ? and how far is the light novel / manga?
KampferRally

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:42 am Reply with quote
Ok so a little info before I say my bit, I used to love watching anime, in fact I did it all the time ;). but then I stopped :( and now I've started back up again :D Kampfer being the first new anime I've watched in years, so its offically my favorite for that reason.

Now I like they style of this anime. not the plot so much, but the overall "feel" of it i think someone said its like "a slice of life"? and Id love to see there be a 2nd and (god i can only hope) a 3rd season!

But theres a problem. Nomad, the company that adopted this fun little manga into an anime, needs money in order to continue the series. They get this money from the DVD sales, this not only gives them their budget but tells them that people are interested and will watch this anime. Im already in the middle of locating a DVD to buy and im also considering a donation. Now im not asking you to just give your money to them, but i do suggest you buy it and tell everyone you know about this great anime :)

ಠ_ಠ <---- Mr. EndFace

Last edited by KampferRally on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:58 am Reply with quote
I just have to wonder... what was your favorite(s) before you quit anime?
Kampfer may have really good visuals, but for me it's not a lot besides it. I really liked it in the beginning, but as the episodes went on, and I realized that the plot and story wouldn't be my boat (and not that well executed), and all the characters didn't really grab my attention (except the president, by a small margin), it simply became boring (for me), then in time couldn't care less about its ending.
I'd say go ahead and try out Bakemonogatari; which is similar in a sense (stylish, good looking girls, comedy, and great [distorted] romance above all).

Scrollbar hacks!
ಠ_ಠ >> Aha!
Ranma87

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:21 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping this little series gets a US release with an English dub, I would buy it.
KampferRally

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:24 am Reply with quote
well let me think,

higurasha no Naku koro ni kai (when we cry)
rosary+vampire
ergo proxy
Death Note
Full Metal Panic
Hellsing
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Negima
Clannad (probably my #1)

to name a few i had a whole shelf of anime but its gone now :(
And now a friend of mine has reintroduced me.
again the only reason its my "Favorite" is because its the first I've watched in a long time.

egoist wrote:
I'd say go ahead and try out Bakemonogatari; which is similar in a sense (stylish, good looking girls, comedy, and great [distorted] romance above all).

Thanks i'll check it out :). I also forgot in my little love fest to mention how great the animation and visuals look.

Ranma87 wrote:
I'm hoping this little series gets a US release with an English dub, I would buy it.

Yeah im suprised that there isnt a dub for it, my friend refuses to watch it because theres no dub! (among other reasons >.>) But i dont mind watching subs, in fact i think the japanese voice actors fit the characters better than english voice actors 99.9999% of the time

the Rancorous wrote:
I haven't seen ep 12 yet, but oh man, ep 11 was fun! They really went all out in making one of the most ridiculous climaxes I've seen in recent years.

I dont suggest you watch ep 12 Rancorous its definately not as good as the last one.spoiler[The female Natsuru has a kid (strange enough alone seeing as he's a guy) and reads a story to her about how the entrails animals switch bodys with the blue and red kampfer. After that the whole episode is them saying how awsome life is and then they fly away on a sled, all without resolveing the problem of the kampfer still being stuffed animals! And the worst part is at the end the female Notsuru is married to the male Natsuru. Not the best and sertainly not the last episode]

ಠ_ಠ <---- Mr. EndFace
Scormio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Sooooo...anyone else excited about this being picked up, or just me?

I'm not really sure how I feel about it not being dubbed, because I don't know how well it would have been dubbed Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5