• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Durarara!! Part 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aizensama666

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:28 pm Reply with quote
crunchycat wrote:
Once episodes 14 and above came out I just kept listening to the song by Rookiez is Punk'd was an instant hook for more, I'm even waiting to see there OP for Bleach.

I haven't seen the Rookiez is Punk'd OP because I'm only watching DRRR!! on DVD so I don't want to spoil a great opening until March. Their new ending for Bleach is absolutely amazing so I know I won't be disappointed.
crunchycat
I do Marketing for Anime Companies

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quote
Yea Bleach ending. got that part wrong.

After watching Durarara!! I got completely hooked on Rookiez is punk'd and began searching for their music that and Theatre Brook was good too.

Have to say they did a great job on music for the series especially the OPs
sonickid101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:11 am Reply with quote
I love this series, but man I don't know if I can spend 45 bucks for 9 episodes, if it was the whole series, and on blu-ray, then we'll talk, other wise I'm gonna end up spending over 100 bucks on a 26 episode series! I have alot of other things to buy, a lot of anime is coming out, and some classic movies are coming to blu-ray (IE Network and Broadcast news) I also bought the good version of Alice in Wonderland on blu-ray, so Im broke as it is. And I still have to see all the movies that are in the Oscars so I can rightfully disagree with the winners, pay for college books, and I have to get like at least 2 meals a day am I right?..... so yeah, not in a big hurry to pick this up. man even 25 bucks would be reasonable, its not like this is JUST competing with anime, which even then theres still a lot of shows coming out to compete with.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:30 am Reply with quote
sonickid101 wrote:
I love this series, but man I don't know if I can spend 45 bucks for 9 episodes, if it was the whole series, and on blu-ray, then we'll talk, other wise I'm gonna end up spending over 100 bucks on a 26 episode series!

Back in the day I frequently spent over $100 for a thirteen episode series. And of course, there are even older fans who had to mail a blank VCR to a fansubbing group just to watch a show, such was the impossibility of actually buying it.

Durarara!! is pretty good, once you get some spare cash you should think about getting it.
crunchycat
I do Marketing for Anime Companies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:56 am Reply with quote
30-50 is a norm for a season set, even thou durarara is set to 9 eps per set which is 3 short of the season its a nice buy and im sure Aniplex had its reasons.

But I did read the are putting ep 12.5 and 25 in set 2 and 3 so we do get the bonuses.

i'll buy all 3 jut because I like the outer box, cover art they used something I like NISA does for their anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5