• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Sugar Apple Fairy Tale

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Seth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Ep12- Well, this right here is what good dramatic writing looks like! Unlike another show this season I could mention, the writer set up and followed through on a very hard choice on the part of Challe and hard choices for most of those around Anne, even including her "antagonist". No "fairy tale" endings yet, but I can hardly wait for the second cour to see how all this resolves...

Which is the other series this season you are referring to?
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Lord Seth wrote:
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Ep12- Well, this right here is what good dramatic writing looks like! Unlike another show this season I could mention, the writer set up and followed through on a very hard choice on the part of Challe and hard choices for most of those around Anne, even including her "antagonist"....

Which is the other series this season you are referring to?
Out of respect for the infrequency of your posts and sincerity of your question, it is Danmachi4 and typified in Ep5 and Ep19, here is the link to my viewpoint unpopular as it apparently was. animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5402464&highlight=#5402464 What respondents seem to have misunderstood is my criticism is faulting the writer in purposely setting up dire situations where the only sensible decision is to make a very hard choice and grow as a realistic character and then making it a hallmark of Bell's and now Lilli's characters that they never do that and somehow their nonsensible decisions and actions have no significant negative impact whatsoever. Why do that? At least here the writer had Challe drive off with Bridget rather than to stay with Anne at the cost of his characterization.
Aerdra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Ep12- Well, this right here is what good dramatic writing looks like! Unlike another show this season I could mention, the writer set up and followed through on a very hard choice on the part of Challe and hard choices for most of those around Anne, even including her "antagonist". No "fairy tale" endings yet, but I can hardly wait for the second cour to see how all this resolves...

The reviewer and community scores for this episode are a little harsh. I, too, hated to see what happened in the story, but I think the writing itself was well done. Looking forward to the resolution of this cliffhanger.

MFrontier wrote:
I think Bridget probably shot up there as probably everyone's least favorite character by the end of this episode...

I still think Jonas trying to get Anne killed is inexcusable. The two of them can fight it out for worst character.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5