• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Dark Gathering

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voltaseca

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:28 pm Reply with quote
NeverConvex wrote:
voltaseca wrote:
Wait why are you ending the reviews?

Each season ANN holds a user poll, and then discusses among their editorial staff what reviews to continue, as I understand it. The latest reviews were announced here: animenewsnetwork.com/site-news/2023-10-16/your-fall-2023-daily-streaming-reviews-schedule/.203494 I don't think the poll results are made public, and I think they've said in the past that what gets reviewed isn't strictly determined by the poll (speculative, but: presumably also takes into account writer and editorial staff preference, if very strong, as well as contextual factors like some shows not having first eps out yet), but it's probably reasonable to guess Dark Gathering didn't do super well in polling this time around.

Will miss the reviews of it, but not super surprised. There's more competition this season, and DG kind of has had a pretty static schtick so far. I imagine it would have stood a better chance if the main plot had progressed a bit more.

That's sad, I had no idea we had to vote for reviews to continue. Those last few episodes have been great.
J-l33

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Welp. This show and resident evil village managed to include the one thing that actually creeps me out more than anything. I know Eiko is going to survive but pretty sure I’d be traumatized for the rest of my life.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5