• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quote
If you'd have read the next post, you'd have seen that it had already been answered.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Thanks hyojodoji,for answering my second question but I have no answers about my first one about the ad for Saban's version of "Mew Mew Power" or "Tokyo Mew Mew" as it was called here. I'm still confused. It is possible that Saban got "Tokyo Mew Mew" and what was it doing on a video from the 1990's? "Tokyo Mew Mew" wouldn't appear until 2002 in Japan and much later in the U.S. What's going on here?
I don't have some answers and I still need some help on this one. Can anyone help me clear up my confusion?
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:49 pm Reply with quote
^^
Do you have a link to the Youtube video you mentioned?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cyberblade

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Hey and I need help not being spoiled ^^

When I saw X - the Movie and then later the tv series I found out that alot of the plot in the series had been spoiled and off course I would rather have seen the movie afterwards because the series goes into the story more.

I don't want this to happen again with Black★Rock Shooter. So can I watch the BRS OVA or does it spoil to much of the story in the series?

Thanks guys ^^ :D
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I have an answer to your question,Spastic Minnow. No,I don't and that's because I don't how to link to any other websites. I do know is that all you have to do is go to YouTube and type in "Video Power,"you might find it.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I just saw that Mushi-Shi has a different ending theme for each episode (don't really know if it's different animation as well, since I haven't seen the anime itself) and that got me curious... Does anyone know what anime has the most openings/endings?

Last edited by Ignatz on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Ignatz--
I cannot help you with your question, but I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the fora!
larinon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote
@Ignatz

Probably if you're looking at shows with many different endings the best bet is long running Shonen Jump shows. Bleach has had 30 ending songs so far, that's the highest I noticed. But those were still used for 12+ episodes each, while Mushi-shi is the only one that used each for just one episode. Evangelion has 14 different endings but they're all variations on the same song.

As far as the ending animation changing, there are some series where the episode is recapped via snippets or slide shows during the ending music. No names come to mind at the moment but I know they exist.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
One of the seasons of Heaven's Lost Property had an entirely different closer for each episode, IIRC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Cyberblade wrote:
Hey and I need help not being spoiled ^^

When I saw X - the Movie and then later the tv series I found out that alot of the plot in the series had been spoiled and off course I would rather have seen the movie afterwards because the series goes into the story more.

I don't want this to happen again with Black★Rock Shooter. So can I watch the BRS OVA or does it spoil to much of the story in the series?

Thanks guys ^^ Very Happy
I think you can watch both as there is actually a rather big diffirence in story, I might even say that the series plays off a part from the OVA. Now you will know about the connections some characters have, but it is not ecactly a well intended secret, might even help to know this.

I watched the OVA first and found it good, but I am a really big fan of the series and encourage you to watch the OVA, and then the series, I think the BRS TV series is pretty awesome.
4750G

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
larinon wrote:
@Ignatz

Probably if you're looking at shows with many different endings the best bet is long running Shonen Jump shows...

As far as the ending animation changing, there are some series where the episode is recapped via snippets or slide shows during the ending music. No names come to mind at the moment but I know they exist.

If we're talking shonen shows, Case Closed/Detective Conan currently has 34 different opening themes and 43 different ending themes. It also does a recap of the episode in the end like you said.

@Ignatz: if you check how many seasons an anime already has (count seasons as 12 episodes), you can pretty much guess how many theme songs the anime already has. But if we're talking different theme song per episode in one season, Inu X Boku SS did that for its ending themes.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
@ Ignatz

There is also Hanamaru Kindergarten which had diffirent ending songs, actually rather interesting ones too.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
I just saw that Mushi-Shi has a different ending theme for each episode (don't really know if it's a different animation as well, since I haven't seen the anime itself) and that got me curious... Does anyone know what anime has the most openings/endings?

Kyoran Kazoku Nikki has 8 different endings that were played pretty much at random across its 26 episodes. Each ending was focused around a different member of the main family, and they are all drastically different in style.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote
I was just watching omake shorts for True Tears (which weren't included on the U.S. release), and noticed that each one had a title image in the style of another anime's title (I'm assuming they are all anime, but I guess some of them could be games or other things). The 6th omake title image is clearly based on Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's, and I'm pretty certain the 5th one is Ayu-Mayu Theater, but I wasn't sure of the other 5. I was hoping someone here could tell me what they are copying . . . I'm sure I should know some more of these, but I just can't remember what they are off the top of my head.

Omake 1 Title Image
Omake 2 Title Image
Omake 3 Title Image
Omake 4 Title Image
Omake 5 Title Image
Omake 6 Title Image
Omake 7 Title Image
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:12 am Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
I was just watching omake shorts for True Tears (which weren't included on the U.S. release)....

1. Oh My Goddess!: The Adventures of Mini-Goddess
2. Infinite Ryvius Light
3. D.C.S.S. (Da Capo Second Season)
4. Di Gi Charat Nyo!
7. Petit Eva

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 405 of 569