• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:19 am Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:

I'm an convinced had Trigger made Cross Ange, the show would have never received the kind of infinite hatred it has. But since it's a Sunrise show well that's what you get. I will not change my opinion, Kill la Kill and Cross Ange are almost identical copies. Superficially different, dig a little bit and they're the same.

No one expected you to change your opinion but I do have to ask what about Trigger would make them exempt from this type of anger. again, I disliked the scenes you mentioned when they occurred and I can't really justify them but their framing is slightly better than Cross Ange.

In the same token, what about Sunrise would elate this type of anger because I am the biggest supporter of Sunrise's mecha through Gundam and even Code Geass season 1. I want Sunrise to make good mecha just as I want Trigger to make good action or just quiet little shows like Little Witch Acedemia. Trigger hasn't screwed up like Sunrise has with Valvrave and Cross Ange so Trigger hasn't elated the anger of others.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:02 am Reply with quote
Frankly, I don't get the Sunrise mecha series hate, either, although I think it has to do at least in part with Gundam SEED.

Oh, and Captain_Taylor: That's twice now that I have had to add in KlK spoilers on your posts. (And that's especially irksome here because those are spoilers for me personally.) It is a forum expectation and requirement to use them in situations like this, so consider this a warning.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:43 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Frankly, I don't get the Sunrise mecha series hate, either, although I think it has to do at least in part with Gundam SEED.

SEED hate came from a lot of the UC universe fans that called it inferior and while it is worse than the UC shows like Unicorn, I still think SEED is pretty good though Destiny dropped the ball and AGE was not that good.

i would think that the sunrise mecha hate would come from Valvrave and Buddy Complex as the first to me and probably many others was a coddled trainwreak of plots and twists and the latter being a very mediocre show with characters that I didn't care for and a war that was not elaborated on.

I do hope that Sunrise gets back on the horse and can make good original mecha on the level of Gundam
Souther

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I feel Salamandinay didn't live up to the hype, anyone agree/disagree? I mean, she was important and had her moments, but I felt action-wise, she didn't get a chance to strut her stuff much. I figured she'd be Ange's equal piloting-wise, but even her mech's abilities were limited aside from the Song.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Souther wrote:
I feel Salamandinay didn't live up to the hype, anyone agree/disagree?

The way it went down is that without her spoiler[Aura would never have been set free] which in turn means that spoiler[Embryo would not have been stopped.] The story would have had a significant hole without her. Yet I would agree that given how prominent she is in the banner artwork you would think she had a wider role but I think there was only so much they could cram in.

A lot of anime has a underused character problem and CA seems to have its share.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
A lot of anime has a underused character problem and CA seems to have its share.

Au contraire, xAnges's problem is that it has a huge cast and only two cours. Many shows with smaller casts have underused characters, here it is rare that you do not remember the name of any of them (Salako's two bodyguard names elude me). In recent memory the only other two cour show with such a huge cast is Shirobako.

Has this had another cour we would no doubt had some episodes where Ange trains and becomes to be on the same physical level as the dragon princess (and of course, get some insight into the Yuri harem so prominently shown where Ange has angel wings, I half expected for Ange to have those wings by the end of the series).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 43 of 43