• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Yeah that was it, thanks. What threw me I guess, was the fact that it was just a self-contained skit in an episode rather than a whole show.
plant33

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know what anime this picture is from?

view
Key

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
That's a bit too small to see well, plant33. Do you possibly have a bigger version of it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:51 am Reply with quote
found a larger version. I don't know what it's from since a Google image search only leads to auto erotic asphyxiation hentai

EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
My Google-fu says it's from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 11 but I've not seen the show so I can't confirm.

Edit: Searching up episode 11 and watching the first few seconds of it, I can confirm my answer is correct.
CountZeroOR
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:25 am Reply with quote
I've got a weird question that's kind of the reverse of the "I don't know what anime this is" question. I know the anime - I don't know who made it, and the ANN encyclopedia doesn't have this information. On the first collection of Tekkaman Blade, the show has an OVA on it titled "Twin Blade" - which is 8 minutes long and was made after the show, and is meant as an Episode 13' - re-telling the episode but with a different art style. The animation is absolutely gorgeous, and I want to know who did the animation and who directed it. The DVD has no credits whatsoever for the OVA, so I have no idea who made it.

Thank you very much in advance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
danilo07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:07 am Reply with quote
I don't think that the OVA is called "Twin Blade" but "Twin Blood". It seems that the episode had one same director,story-boarder,scriptwriter, and animation director by the name of Shigeki Kuhara.He seems to have an extensive career as key animator but this is the only time that he ever directed anything,which is strange.Mechanical animation director is of course Yuataka Nakamura,there were apparently a lot of good animators working on this episode such as Toshiro Kawamoto,Keiji Gotoh,Hirotoshi Sano and Hirotoshi Osaka.Like I mentioned this stinks like bullshit,but their previous credits overlap so perhaps it is true.
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:28 am Reply with quote
CountZeroOR wrote:
I've got a weird question that's kind of the reverse of the "I don't know what anime this is" question. I know the anime - I don't know who made it, and the ANN encyclopedia doesn't have this information. On the first collection of Tekkaman Blade, the show has an OVA on it titled "Twin Blade" - which is 8 minutes long and was made after the show, and is meant as an Episode 13'...

You mean 'Twin Blood'?
According to this web page,
Script, storyboard, direction, key frame animation, sakuga direction: Kuhara Shigeki
Mecha arrangement, key frame animation, mecha sakuga direction: Nakamura Yutaka
The key animators include Sano Hirotoshi, Kawamoto Toshihiro, Ousaka Hiroshi, and Gotō Keiji.

ExtremeThirst

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
I don't have very much information for this anime, but it's been Driving me batty trying to remember what it was called. So here I am, asking (begginglol) for help!

I watched it on Comcast On Demand around the year 2005. I believe it was an older anime, or at least had that art style. Maybe I'd compare it to looking like Marmalade Boy, but not exactly.

Details of the actual show are what I'm lacking ): there's this.. Genius boy who is in love with this pretty athletic nice girl. I'm ALMOST sure she played tennis, but if not, then maybe volleyball..
And well, the boy is so obsessed he builds a robot replica of his crush. Like a clone. He then has to explain where this new girl came from, so he tells them she's his cousin. I don't think the original girl realizes the new girl (robot clone) is practically identical to her.

It was definitely a kind of pervy anime too. Ring any bells? I've tried google but get nothing so ):
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote
@ExtremeThirst
That seems a lot like My Dear Marie.
That was a 90 minute OVA. Is that something that Comcast would have shown?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CountZeroOR
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
I don't think that the OVA is called "Twin Blade" but "Twin Blood". It seems that the episode had one same director,story-boarder,scriptwriter, and animation director by the name of Shigeki Kuhara.He seems to have an extensive career as key animator but this is the only time that he ever directed anything,which is strange.Mechanical animation director is of course Yuataka Nakamura,there were apparently a lot of good animators working on this episode such as Toshiro Kawamoto,Keiji Gotoh,Hirotoshi Sano and Hirotoshi Osaka.Like I mentioned this stinks like bullshit,but their previous credits overlap so perhaps it is true.

Gah! Yeah, I meant Twin Blood. I was while tired. My bad.

EDIT: One other thing - does anyone have the release date for the episode? I'd like to submit it to the ANN encyclopedia to fix this little oversight.

EDIT^2: Never mind, someone already submitted it - good on them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ExtremeThirst

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
@ExtremeThirst
That seems a lot like My Dear Marie.
That was a 90 minute OVA. Is that something that Comcast would have shown?

Oh my gosh, it was definitely My dear Marie! Thanks so much, I thought it would haunt me forever. Comcast had a few surprising animes a while ago.. That's where I watched Gravitation
OceanLore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I have a question about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Is there any reason to watch all of the Endless Eight, or should I just watch one and skip the other 7?
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Not really. As I recall, the original short story was only the last cycle, but you might want to watch the first one as well. The rest are wholly unnecessary and are simply padding so Disappearance could be done separately. Unless you want to play spot-the-differences, I'd skip them.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
OceanLore wrote:
I have a question about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Is there any reason to watch all of the Endless Eight, or should I just watch one and skip the other 7?

Essentially you can watch the first and the last, and you should get the experience. There is some slightly different dialogue and animation, but if you don't want to go through the whole thing you don't have to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 476 of 569