• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Shakugan no Shana Anime in Development Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:31 am Reply with quote
You can't find any information because there is no information.

Plenty of rumors saying this fall though, but thus far nothing official.
mdreura

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
alee0911 wrote:
Sorry for big bump, but i have one question
When is offical date to start shakugan no shana 3?
I can't find any information...

You can't find any information because there is no information.

Plenty of rumors saying this fall though, but thus far nothing official.

The new Shana anime Dengeki announced two summers ago was Shakugan no Shana S...

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-07-07/new-shana-anime-to-be-shakugan-no-shana-s-ova-series
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote
mdreura wrote:
The new Shana anime Dengeki announced two summers ago was Shakugan no Shana S...

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-07-07/new-shana-anime-to-be-shakugan-no-shana-s-ova-series

You might want to read the post again...

alee0911 wrote:
Sorry for big bump, but i have one question
I can't find any information...

What you posted, mdreura, is an OVA series. There is no Season 3 of Shana.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdreura

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
mdreura wrote:

Similarly, you might want to read the article this discussion read is attached to again? The new Shana series in development (which technically happens to be the third "series", after Shana I & II) announced in Dengeki Bunko & Newtype magazines the summer of 2009, described in these articles, was the OAV series Shakugan no Shana S.

Something that maybe contributing to the confusion here is this article from July 8 2009, where Shana's producer went on record with some magazine saying that Shana S was created to fill the gap between the second and a planned third television series. The headline seems misleading though, as I can't seem to find anything beyond that interview which so much as suggest that anything new has actually been in development since Shana S, and according his Japanese Wikipedia page the producer in question doesn't seem to be working for Geneon anymore anyway, as of this spring.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quote
mdreura wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
mdreura wrote:

Similarly, you might want to read the article this discussion read is attached to again? The new Shana series in development (which technically happens to be the third "series", after Shana I & II) announced in Dengeki Bunko & Newtype magazines the summer of 2009, described in these articles, was the OAV series Shakugan no Shana S.

Quote:
The August issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine will confirm on Friday that the new Shana anime project which was revealed last month is the Shakugan no Shana S original video anime (OVA) series.

It is not listed as a Season 3. It is an Original Video Animation series. Seasons means they play it on TV. OVA's are direct to video release episodes.

Again, there is no Season 3 of Shana. 4 episodes of a series is hardly considered a Season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdreura

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Again, there is no Season 3 of Shana. 4 episodes of a series is hardly considered a Season.

I see your point, but I get the impression you aren't taking the time to read anything that has been written in this thread. The only person throwing around this "season 3" terminology is yourself. The necromancer didn't use the word at all.

alee0911 wrote:

Excluding the film, which was just a remake of the beginning of the first series, Shana S is "Shana 3". As in the third episodic continuation of the Shakugan no Shana story. And also the topic of this discussion thread and connected news posting...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:45 pm Reply with quote
That is where you are simply wrong.

Shana 3 is referring to the TV series third season.

Shana S is an OVA series that would bridge the gap between the second and the (possible) third season.

Simply put, if Shana gets a third season, we're not going to call it Shana 4 are we?
mdreura

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Shana 3 is referring to the TV series third season.

Shana S is an OVA series that would bridge the gap between the second and the (possible) third season.

I see the point you're trying to make, but what you're saying is all speculation and the two of you (or one of you with two accounts?) are confusing objective facts with subjective speculation and losing focus in poor choice of words.

The topic of this thread is a new Shakugan no Shana anime in development two years ago. Debatably the third installment in the franchise. The latest installment, not yet released in the West. Unless the necroposter is wildly off topic and looking for the release date of something not even discussed in this thread and that doesn't exist at all (???) then Shakugan no Shana S is what they're looking for. I'm not sure why anyone would view the former choice as the more appropriate answer.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if ya know this or not, but Shana II has yet to be released in the West also.

So... it would make absolutely no sense to ask about the OVA's release date in the West when the second season's release date is still a question mark.
alee0911

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Shakugan no shana S is only appendix to normal Shakugan no Shana.
You can find more info about Shakugan no shana 3 in JC Staff studio
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.C.Staff
Quote:
Shakugan no Shana III (TBA)

When the season starts, nobody knows but the last two years there was no information about this anime and yet it is confirmed that the season start
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:46 pm Reply with quote
alee0911 wrote:
Shakugan no shana S is only appendix to normal Shakugan no Shana.
You can find more info about Shakugan no shana 3 in JC Staff studio
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.C.Staff
Quote:
Shakugan no Shana III (TBA)

When the season starts, nobody knows but the last two years there was no information about this anime and yet it is confirmed that the season start

Wiki is not always a true source. There has been no announcements on ANN of a 3rd Season and someone putting "Shana III (TBA)" doesn't mean its an official/legit source. Last year people were putting a English dub cast on Wiki for Hitman Reborn. However, nobody had licensed it for anything at that time so how could there have been a dub cast? I don't trust Wiki sources unless ANN mentions it first.

But regardless, the poster was asking for information on a Season 3 of Shana. And a Season 3 of Shana does not exist. The OVA is not a third season but 4, released straight to DVD/Blu-ray, episode series.

And mdreura, Megiddo and I are two completely different people who just happen to agree with each other. People agreeing/disagreeing with others does not mean they are the same person using "sockpuppet accounts". Rolling Eyes
egoist

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I was totally looking forward to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

.. this necropost.
jham_1

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:00 pm Reply with quote
So ahmm if its a rumor on the the third season how do you explain the teaser at the end of ova #4 on shakugan no shana S
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote
The same way that I'd explain the 'teaser' at the end of Saki's 1st season. The studio would love to do more, but nothing is in stone as of now.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Gotta love fans who can't take a God damn hint.

Until there is an official announcement on another season, or another Anime work, there is currently no 3rd season of Shakugan no Shana being made. Period.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8