• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nyan Koi! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

At this point, I wish they all could die, so I could finally get more of the curse.

lolz

egoist wrote:
Bento-Box wrote:
Not to mention spoiler[He has kitty ears!!!]

That was when I thought: "Oh crap, is everyone going to grow spoiler[ears] now?" Hopefully I'm mistaken.

more lolz. Hopefully not though. If that happens, it will suddenly become annoyingly popular and I'll see this series represented by 14-year-olds running around with spoiler[cat ears] and pretending to understand the cats outside conventions. Please, oh, please, oh, please don't let it turn into that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Showsni

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:21 pm Reply with quote
It really bugs me when people have spoiler[four ears. Okay, have human ears or animal ears, but not both!] Have I maybe mentioned that before?

I think harem wise it's pretty much a two horse race; the childhood friend versus the crush. Maybe they could agree to share...

Mister V

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quote
^ You found a perfect solution, and I learned a new, useful word that went into my vocabulary notebook. Thanks! Laughing
zgripţuroicǎ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quote
Just watched the last episode. Wow, what an ineffective ending. spoiler[Nothing is resolved, they pull a hasty patch for the curse out of thin air to say it's okay, and he doesn't wind up with anyone.] Season two? I'm hoping no. I haven't been this consistently underwhelmed by an anime in a while. I feel like they squandered potential for an okay show, particularly by introducing too many characters, and having so many of them be so very, very irritating/useless. I would really be surprised if a second season got made. If it did, I'd watch an episode or two to see if it had improved at all, but I truly expect any hopes I have to be crushed.

I don't know why, but I really hate Mizuno now. Each episode, she just got more and more annoying to me, and now I just want her dogs to eat her. I'm going to go watch Kara no Kyoukai, and try to recover.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:16 am Reply with quote
...and here with an opposing view to the one above me is the one, the only (you know him, you love him)...

BLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD-!!!!

Overall, I liked this show. Was it an inimitable classic that will burn itself in the cultural collective memory of humankind for all time? No. No so much. But I found it a consistently solid bit of fluffy entertainment. I liked all the characters with the possible exception of Androgynous Yakuza Princess (and my main beef with her was that she had really small boobs and was annoying. It's okay to have really small boobs, but not if you are annoying. To pull off being annoying you have to be spectacularly endowed.) It was a cute little show and I hope there will be a second season. It certainly seems like there will be.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:40 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I liked all the characters with the possible exception of Androgynous Yakuza Princess (and my main beef with her was that she had really small boobs and was annoying. It's okay to have really small boobs, but not if you are annoying. To pull off being annoying you have to be spectacularly endowed.)

Blood - dishing out advice for the ages. Thou art wise O holy sage. Wink

Personally I agree more with zgripţuroicǎ in that the show started reusing the same jokes in the same vein that harem shows tend to do. If he had landed one of them by the end then it may have redeemed some value but alas not. While funny at times I just found it to be boring after a while, not bad, just dull. Needed more cat antics!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the series, but I didn't want to watch it for a harem, there felt like there was a lot of room for the cat related issues, but it felt under performed. What I have liked was how it would fall on it's face, you would see something hapening in one scene, next everything was ruined, regrets or an interesting use of transition. And crazy stalkers are always funny in anime, especialy within a harem (unless they are gross or carry sharp objects).

They said there is going to be a second season, but the ending gave doubts whether a second season would be worth it. If there is another they need to use what is going for them, not just a few nitpicked haremets, or just standard anime lead misfortune. The series was good, but not great, though I do give it extra points for spoiler[the lead being naked], reminds me of the end of Inukami movie, but at least it was not too simular.
Niomo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote
Well the show is over. My 2c

This show was probably my favorite or close second of the season. Good comedy, a love triangle that made sense and a plot that I originally felt was going to take too long to complete. However, they stuck with focusing on the relationship and not the cat stuff, so they pulled it off pretty well. I give it an 8.5/10

Also, when in the middle part and the intermission said "no second season" I was like Crying or Very sad

Then at the end, when the father wrote and said yes, second season I was like Very Happy I do hope they were telling the truth about the second season happening.

Also an aside: at the end of the show (past meow corner) there was a commercial for a show that looked strangely like a new season of Higurashi. Anyone know what that was about? I know it had Lambdadelta's voice in it.

edit:
The commercial was for Ookami Kakushi, which is starting on Jan 7 at 2am JST

Last edited by Niomo on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
zgripţuroicǎ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote
I feel like I need to explain my dislike of it. I started out liking this show a good deal, expecting it the only be just above average. Then I feel like it lost focus. They spent a lot of time meandering about the main characters, reused gags left and right, and frequently abandoned the main gag (the cats) for several episodes.spoiler[ Then, after all that tension has built up, absolutely nothing is resolved, and it's patched together with a, "Bye see you next season!"] I feel many of it's faults would have been forgiveable if it had been a 24 episode series, as there would've been adequate time to wander about as it does, and still bring a resolution to its plot. I'm hoping S2 will be better, but I'm still expecting to notice its faults.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6