• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2006-02-10]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, just use the Answerman email address.
Ztarr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:29 am Reply with quote
Though it is GOOD to encourage people to create original and creative stories, and not re-hash cliches...it is MISLEADING to say that if your story is full of cliches that no one will every make it into a manga/anime.

um...'cause that would mean that anime studios AREN'T still making series that are full of 'em.

15 yr olds are usually full of optimism...it's not a bad thing. What's bad is if they 'grow up' to be a sarcastic, pessimistic, going-on-30+ internet geek who are wasting their lives and living in their parent's basement. you know...like MegaTokyo Forum Mods.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:47 am Reply with quote
If cliches are used properly, you can still make a good story out of it.

Tales of Symphonia had plenty of cliches but it was still an awesome game with a great story.
LEJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Personally I agree with Zac. Her idea needs serious work, and her belief that getting in contact with CLAMP and just getting her story published makes it seem like she thinks it would be simple. Perhaps she understands that it's more difficult then that, perhaps not. Either way, Her question was answered well. If I have an idea that I would like to get published but really have no clue about how to go about it or whether or not it was a good idea, I don't want to hear "Wow, that's so cool." I want a frank answer and know exactly where my faults lie. That makes it easier to evalute what i have and decide if I want to keep going with the idea, or if I want to go back and try something a bit different. If your serious, your not going to give it up just because some one you don't even know doesn't pat you on the back about it. If your an author trying to get a book published, it usually takes hundereds of failures before you make something worth producing.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quote
[Do not post in all bold. Standard text only, please. -Nagi]
Fuyu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Though if some people are very serious i guess they could enter into tokyopop's rising of the stars- that is if you live in US. ack!Wish it was open to 'north america'. hehe, but working on a manga -i wonder oh long that would take
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6