• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simultaneously Offer Kodansha Manga in 170 Countries

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote
Ugh! I hate that I find all the official, legal comics readers so hard to read and navigate, while scanulation sites are simple and easy to read. I think Flash is the problem.
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Ugh! I hate that I find all the official, legal comics readers so hard to read and navigate, while scanulation sites are simple and easy to read. I think Flash is the problem.

When I was comparing what alternatives worked best on my 7" tablet and 10" netbook, I didn't find the scanlation sites all that easy to read ~ their pages were full of ads and required an excessive amount of grab and pan. Their only real advantage was that since they relied on the zoom built into the browser, the zoom level did not drop back down on every page turn.

The easiest to read were the few JManga volumes that supported their Guided View option.

I don't know why Crunchyroll only supports Guided View on their apps, and not on their Flash reader, there are several series that would benefit from it, even on a laptop.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6