• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Build Fighters Has 'New Series' in the Works

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:26 am Reply with quote
Complaining about campiness in a franchise which have such installments like G Gundam, where a horse pilots a horse Gundam, and SD Gundam, which needs no further detailing, is absurd. Gundam has such a rich history that there is no one tone or way to execute a series.

Build Fighters was a great show. It took everything amazing about Gundam and everything amazing about proxy battle anime and fused them together. It's a purely fanservice driven series, and I do not just mean Sei's mother. She was just a bonus.

-Stuart Smith
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:46 am Reply with quote
People debating what Gundam is as a franchise here, while people debating what Godzilla franchise is in the movies.
shukujo

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
If you wanted serious war drama, you can look elsewhere. Build Fighters was only concerned with one thing: having fun. It was a celebration of the franchise and the fandom with great characters and awesome battles.

If we were all sitting around a coffee shoppe, chopping it up, and you said this, my immediate response would have been to stand up & applaud loudly and noticeably. Bravo, very well said.

When I first started watching this series, I remember thinking to myself, "What's this feeling? Heyyyyy - I'm enjoying this silly show!!" Good anime is good anime, and that's that. Having fun is FTW, and not allowing yourself to be entertained because of silly pre-determined misconceptions about what something should or shouldn't be, or about what is or isn't cool, that's just....lame. Conversely, if something isn't your cup of tea, then it will never make you feel the way fans of it do. Opinions are never right or wrong, they are either inline with your own views or not.

My own thoughts on this announcement are best described....you know how a dog will wag their entire back end, not just the tail when they're really happy? Something like that, if they mean to continue the anime series. Please, SET YOUR GUNPLA.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:27 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

You are perfectly free to dislike the show,

Coming from you of all people, that sounds like a lie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6