• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Man With A Decepticon Maserati Is Arrested For Impersonating Police

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:19 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Ronin2081 wrote:
So anyone with something that says "Police" on it should be treated the same way. Of course that is a stupid notion since obviously little kids playing cops/robbers or using toys that might say "police" doesn't mean those kids are impersonating a Law Enforcement officer any more then someone with a shirt that has FBI and then in small print underneath "Female Body/Booty Inspector".

Nobody would believe a kid to be a police officer or a simple FBI shirt.
It's the sum of things, not just one thing or another.

It's also fairly easy to find a plastic badge at a toy store, or a T-shirt at a street corner vendor, but a functional, road-legal automobile with professionally lettered "POLICE" painted across the side is a bit harder to come by.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:20 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

They exaggerated the price. Dubai has the original Veyron 16.4, which sold for $1.7 million when it was taken off the market in 2011. It has not appreciated in price. The more expensive and faster versions all cost less than US$3 million (The SuperSport officially costs $2.4 million). Even the special limited editions cost significantly less than US $4 million. Their most recent 1-off cost only $2.65 million. The most expensive Veyron I know of was the 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport Sang Noir, which cost US$3.4 million.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6