• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2007-02-02]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kizoku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quote
elsie wrote:
I think the kitten may need to be separated from the hamster. I don't like the look in its eye.

I was thinking that. Smile
kizoku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Steroid wrote:
But we're living at a time of great prosperity that grows ever more as time passes. Economic ventures designed to make money fail all the time and millions are lost. But what is our wealth for if not to make us happy? Would it be so wrong to make an intentional economic failure in the hopes of having artistic success?

Well, think about it. I, just having won the lottery, finance a true artistic masterpiece that, unfortunately, is economically worthless. Now do I get it distributed? Will the distributers want to take a bath too? I suspect the answer is no, so no one but I and my friends will ever see it. Lots of steps in the chain where people expect to see a profit coming, not just the producer.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:04 am Reply with quote
Steroid wrote:
But we're living at a time of great prosperity that grows ever more as time passes. Economic ventures designed to make money fail all the time and millions are lost. But what is our wealth for if not to make us happy? Would it be so wrong to make an intentional economic failure in the hopes of having artistic success?
Didn't do Van Gogh any good. Wink
Iritscen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quote
Although the Disney OVAs (heh, never thought we would use that term, but it works) may have sub-par stories, I saw an ad for one sequel recently (Sleeping Beauty??) that had very good animation. Hand-drawn animation. Like what they used to be known for.

It seemed like the direct-to-video movies of late had substandard animation, although I haven't actually watched them so I am not really in a position to say so. Those of you that have watched these sequels, what say you? Was the animation disappointing, even aside from the obvious fact that the budget would have to be lower than a cinematic work?

I am very eager to see what effect Lasseter will have on Disney. It's too early to start speculating, but I can't help but wonder what was behind the quality animation I saw in that ad. *shrugs* Maybe it was my imagination.
Madame Bunni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't be surprised at all if that Flake of the Week was my ex boyfriend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6