• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha Confirmed to End Next Wednesday in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quote
bossyman15 wrote:
i never brought any of Inuyasha manga because of VIZ!
for god's sake they "flipped" the images so it reads the "america" way.

i demand the japanese way!

oh and make it UNEDITED!

not holding my breath tho...

Cry more newb.

The funny thing is, if I posted that as a pic, it would have gotten mod-whacked.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:24 am Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
bossyman15 wrote:
i never brought any of Inuyasha manga because of VIZ!
for god's sake they "flipped" the images so it reads the "america" way.

i demand the japanese way!

oh and make it UNEDITED!

not holding my breath tho...

Cry more newb.

The funny thing is, if I posted that as a pic, it would have gotten mod-whacked.

Does anyone have a baseball bat?

Is it a huge deal that it's done left to right? You still get the story, right?

And someone tell me how much of an edit they have. For someone who actually has and read the manga...besides different play on words.

And I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm slightly curious.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:18 am Reply with quote
So it's finally over. I remember when I first started watching the anime when it was first airing in Japan. I can't believe it's been that long. Now Gosho needs to end his series. But, as a die-hard One Piece fan, I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Moomintroll wrote:
I think most people (myself included) would much prefer to read English adaptations of manga unflipped but going without something you think you'll enjoy solely because it has been flipped is pretty bloody stupid.

tygerchickchibi wrote:
Is it a huge deal that it's done left to right? You still get the story, right?

You're not the same as us. Even though you can deal with heavily altered art, others cannot stand for it.

It's the same situation with watching 4:3 programs on a 16:9 television. Some people don't care if the image is stretched to fill the screen, while others, like myself, will only watch a 4:3 program in a 4:3 aspect ratio.

My point is, it's just different strokes for different folks. We will not buy the English-language version of the Inuyasha manga because it is flipped. To us, flipping the artwork is just doing a great disservice to the artist's original intentions, and we simply don't want to support a product like that.
bossyman15

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote
You're not the same as us. Even though you can deal with heavily altered art, others cannot stand for it.

It's the same situation with watching 4:3 programs on a 16:9 television. Some people don't care if the image is stretched to fill the screen, while others, like myself, will only watch a 4:3 program in a 4:3 aspect ratio.

My point is, it's just different strokes for different folks. We will not buy the English-language version of the Inuyasha manga because it is flipped. To us, flipping the artwork is just doing a great disservice to the artist's original intentions, and we simply don't want to support a product like that.[/quote]

That's right!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6