• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (TV) (all seasons + movie) - Japanese broadcast (w/ index).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:58 pm Reply with quote
dtm42, many of those properties are closely linked together.

Charred Knight, the problem was that the Federation let the A-Laws gain too much power. Now that the A-Laws are gone, and most of the power has been recentered, with folks like Kati in higher positions, it may have issues in the future, but it's much stronger than it was before. Of course, if it were too strong, there wouldn't be a plot.

Look, I'm not saying the show is perfect. But first, I would say a lot of the problems in the second season started in the first one, and second, even with its flaws, it's pretty decent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
dtm42, many of those properties are closely linked together.

Charred Knight, the problem was that the Federation let the A-Laws gain too much power. Now that the A-Laws are gone, and most of the power has been recentered, with folks like Kati in higher positions, it may have issues in the future, but it's much stronger than it was before. Of course, if it were too strong, there wouldn't be a plot.

Look, I'm not saying the show is perfect. But first, I would say a lot of the problems in the second season started in the first one, and second, even with its flaws, it's pretty decent.

The show is pretty decent, but the problem is that its mainly concentrated in the middle which was excellent material. For whatever reason Mizushima didn't use the middle to get a great ending. Instead he fell into the trap of having the heroes do everything and in an arrangement in which they are not a member of the government that just brings up a ton of question.

If I am a politician looking for power I see the fact that the Federation can not protect the Earth as a sign of weakness. A man like Jamitov can easily gain massive amounts of power in a world like Gundam 00.

Like I said I could buy the Earth being strong if a movie was not going to be made, but I expect the same thing as the TV series, an organization with no loyalty, and not answering to anyone saves the world because the Earth Government is too weak.

The reason why the Titans work is because Zeta is extremely cynical, the Earth Federation is stupid, weak, and completely desperate. Gundam 00 doesn't have that level of cynicism so the A-Laws just makes the Federation look stupid.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 60 of 60