• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
HENNEKO (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:39 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
the vice president (Mai Maimaki) sickening the entire club with her language

I'll be honest and say that I was a little confused when I saw her with older sister later on given that I actually thought she was the older sister character initially.

getchman wrote:
Ok, so if Tsukushi knows spoiler[they knew each other as little kids], then she has to be aware that there is no younger Yokodera and is just playing along with his bullshit, right? or is she really that stupid?

I like how I'm not even thinking about these issues anymore.

It's just full-on auto-pilot for me now...

So yeah, when does the H doujinshi come out?
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
ep.11
spoiler[
after stony bunny-kyubey did something to youto & tsukiko give 2 wonder where are they give seeing younger version of people they know it's time travel to 10yrs ago.

then some wander tsukiko found kiddie youto with going full cover make sure he don't grow up to be a perv & oh finally meet tsukiko's mom quite a bit surprise how she is doing.

well go tsukiko's house give reveall she live alone, give place bit quiet, & nap in a mouse outfit (give she have the cough prob & had take her meds).

youto also meet younger steel queen & tsukiko give queen going where mom going like toss rock on 2 youto give tongue ow by youto yet mom arrive going why you not came & left.

after whole drunk mom, kiddie youto in dress, & drunk tsukiko oh poor youto of past & present give tsukiko's mom did care give for her daughters it's just family probs happen.

from dead husband, grandparents want handle two daughters, can't get in planes, etc probs give mother prepare outfit for her daughters then oh no cough & fallen ill. ]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quote
ok, now it's all starting to make sense. Youto must have spoiler[wished to have the memories that he spent with Tsukasa transplanted to the Tsutsukakushi sisters]. Doesn't yet explain why he forgot Emi, but I guess we will find out next episode.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Well this got all serious all of a sudden.

Aside from that we did get a new peak in the annals of perverted moments: Yōto getting turned on from spoiler[seeing a younger version of himself being forced to cross dress.]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote
he looked turned on to you?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
he looked turned on to you?

Your call.

Another ecchi highpoint was to see Tsukiko spoiler[crawling up Yōto's shirt and getting all oral on him.] What does a girl have to do in an anime to get a guy to go all the way?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote
the sweatdrop and his remark to Tsukiko leads me to believe he's slightly amused, but would really like that to stop
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Now that episode was awesome, the best one yet, just so much for me to enjoy. The spoiler[vice president at age 6 already being incredibly foul mouthed], Youto was captured by spoiler[loli Azusa's cuteness], which annoyed Tsukiko, only for her to spoiler[act worse over shota Youto, a total hypocrite]. Actually the way she acted out reminded me of how she totally overreacted when she still had her facial expressions, she is still the same person since then. There was also spoiler[young Tsukiko and Tsukushi], both earned cute points.

Biggest surprise of the series, Tsukiko's spoiler[mother completely different to what we would have thought, not very motherly at all. Calling a 6 year old "shitty brat", and letting him stay over her place, saying that she hates kids despite being a kindergarten teacher, eating awful food (saying that it is her cooking), this included apparently potato chips for breakfast. She was totally tsundere (or is that kuudere), her pyjamas are a giant mouse, and most hilariously she dressed young Youta in revealing girl clothes and laughs at him while she drinks beer.] I actually enjoyed how messy her situation was, great, it actually had a touch of reality added to her character.

Over Youto's reaction to young himself dressing in girl clothes. I took it more as he was spoiler[putting on a smile because it was kind of an awkward situation where he was thinking to stop what she was doing, but she is the head of the house and his senior, so stopping her might be rude.]
DKL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:14 pm Reply with quote
EPISODE 11

spoiler[Deadpan-chan's mom] had a top-tier rack in that one shot.

Also, I like this thing where she always caves into spoiler[child lead-kun's] desires whenever he acts sad/disappointed.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale
Cute episode, cute series. spoiler[I'm glad everything was resolved and someone even gets a lucky kiss. Well for the ending, it was typical though lol and perfectly suits his title].

I'm rating this good for its adorableness and charming execution. No season 2 or OVA announced yet but I wouldn't mind. Oh and the Steel King is cool as usual even with that funny spoiler[outfit] in the second half of the finale.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
ep.12
spoiler[
tsukiko's mom having fever while youto hearing his younger version said about her probs & wanting keep the smile going with give advice to younger self never make them cry.

so youto go get younger steel queen & tsukiko so see their mom give steel queen bit hmm but little tsukiko get in the cab so they did arrive in with younger tsukiko goes oh food while older tsukiko wonder going on?

youto mention outfit change got him tied but refer have younger steel queen & tsukiko wear outfit their mother made for them & some fine ok go see mother but still fever.

young steel queen crying give want more time with mother til young youto heard it all give them the memories cause he mention their mom talked of a wishing cat so make it wish.

yet it also explain why youto had memory probs give tsukiko trying object it give youto let it go then ta-da teleport back to present with younger version with mom all better in the past.

back to present youto & tsukiko went back see steel queen in the mom's mouse outfit give checking all memories item give there all family give still youto as younger brother version so after tsukiko feel bit sorry guilt for what youto did but it fine.

now all set time for theme park fun time give tsukiko & asuka still wanting youto give got tsukiko "hmm" cause dream that asuka had, fun ride time, & oh youto with tsukiko on ferris wheel then quote oscar wilde.

til oops bunny kyubey appear cause youto land tsukiko still call him a pervy prince.]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I've got mixed feeling here. I'm glad we finally got some answers, but disappointed that spoiler[Tsukiko] appears to have won, but then spoiler[the group date] happened. giving it a good
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I've got mixed feeling here.

I was actually relieved when they resisted the temptation to turn the spoiler[kiss] scene into a pratfall.

I'm going to rate it is a bit better than good. Not for the happy ending, but just because I think they did a good job of keeping the whole story amusing. What else do you expect from a harem anime anyway?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

To start off I will say that this was not one of J.C. Staffs bad shows, although some of its generic characteristic do make it look a bit poorer in comparison to Sakurasou, which is just a shame thing to do. HENNEKO was a pretty decent show, it had a couple surprises including that the original premise changed up pretty quickly, and then brought in different situations soon afterwards, I expected the entire season to have him uncontrollably saying his perverted thoughts.

Tukiko was able to be adorable whilst being completely stony faced, I found her moe without needing to be what you would call moe, emotional whilst appearing emotionless. There was plenty of humour, choosing a scene from the last episode, I can think of when she was spoiler[surprised by her child self], which was funny, I have become a bigger fan of Yui Ogura. Tsukushi may have been annoying in how ridiculously thick she was presented at times, but she was fun, you could feel her spirit, and when her other side was shown, it was one of the best parts. gif point. I did like the revelation the Tsukushi's characteristic spoiler[ribbon came from the ribbon that Youto was wearing at the time].

In general other characters were not treated as fair, Emi was too odd an occurance to take as just another girl, Azusa was not properly explored past the first arc, instead becoming a standard tsundere. And Mai Maimaki only appeared late in the series despite being very entertaining, my understanding is that she has a bigger part later in the story, although chances are that won't be animated. I grabbed this picture from the middle of episode to be the representative picture for this series, looking at the details I see Tsukushi with a Youto hug pillow, and Mai with a Tsukushi pillow.

Overall I will rate this as Very good, there were some areas they could have improved on, but overall it was a solidly good show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7