• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Music Videos

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RantingOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:52 am Reply with quote
I usually go for the ones that have the footage from dvd rips (chunky video in unacceptable!!)

personaly favourite has to be,

Evangelion - Unforgiven (metallica) OR,
Faceless Hill - by Aluminum Studios http://www.aluminumstudios.net/amv/

both of these brought a tear to my eye, especially Faceless Hill. I usually keep vids that make me think about something, not just video and a song slapped together. Unforgiven because....well.... listen to the lyrics as you watch it, tied together nicely. Faceless Hill.... watch yourself I don't wanna spoil it.
animaniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:13 pm Reply with quote
seen only a handful here is one i like its the song luka with love hina for anime get it [url]delusionalproductions.org[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god, has anyone seen the amv "I Like Big Butts"? It has various animes in it. Its halirous. I just was dling random amvs and i stumlbed across it. I showed it to my friends and they cracked up.

And could anyone help identify what anime characters are from what anime?
LuppyLuptonium

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Lets See "Pokemon - Bitches love me"

hmmm... I have been trying to find one I saw at Otakon 2 years ago that had the song "Habba Habba Zub Zub" sung by the cast of El Hazard.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:08 pm Reply with quote
This could be a silly post, but I noticed that the overly-played song "shake your tailfeathers" [or something] mentions Voltron.

Also, BNL mentions Sailor Moon in the song "one week"

I just thought it was funny that they were mentioned. Anyone know of any other mainstream songs that mention some anime?
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:44 pm Reply with quote
When it comes to AMVs, nothing beats the DiGi Charat video "NYO is WAR." It's that damn good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Nekozuki85

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:11 pm Reply with quote
http://www.animemusicvideos.org

Need more be said?
wcy2003

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:55 pm Reply with quote
the best two I've ever seen were at otakon. One was Irresponsible Captain Tylor done to the music of Smashmouth - rockstar. I was laughing so hard. The other was using Macross and Macross Plus to the top gun theme. At the end who had done it had matted part of the real movie with macross when Maveric goes upside down and goose takes a pic of the bogie. God that was awesome.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:07 pm Reply with quote
There were a BUNCH of great AMVs at AWA this year.

One of the best was a Lupin III video to Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal." There was also an Onizuka video to Dr. Evil's "It's a Hard-Knock Life" from Goldmember (Gendo dressed as a pimp = Jay-Z Laughing ), and a Read or Die video to a punk version of the old Reading Rainbow theme song.

There were some other great ones, but I didn't catch their titles. One was a Hellsing/Vampire Hunter D/Blood video to some German song ("something-Nacht" Confused ), a Naruto video to some Sifl & Olie bit about being a ninja, and this really sexy Utena video to some French song.

My favourite, though, was this Scandinavian death-metal band's song set to clips from various cute anime (Card Captor Sakura, mostly). It was HILARIOUS because a lot of the subtitles were completely changed to more...suggestive and profane phrases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:43 pm Reply with quote
One of my favorites is the Euphoria music video that used the anime RahXephon. Koopiskeva really did an outstanding job using the effects, especially the "flying" rectangles. I also like Zararax's Star Man, an NES project segment that used Super Mario Bros. 3 and Nurse Witch Komugi-chan. That brought back good memories of playing that game.

Yea, the good stuff is at the Org. Sorry for the shameless plugging. Sad
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:47 am Reply with quote
I think my two favorite AMVs would have to be the Evangelion video with music by Rammstein ("Engel") and the Kare Kano vid with music from the "Far and Away" soundtrack. "Engel" was just really well done, with the lipflaps synched up and everything, and the Kare Kano vid...well, it just reminded me why I liked the show so much.

Aluminum Studios does put out some pretty sweet stuff, too. My fave of theirs is the tribute to Sailor Mars with music from Sting ("Desert Rose"). Good times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:38 am Reply with quote
Iron Chef wrote:
the Evangelion video with music by Rammstein ("Engel")

Kevin Caldwell! *high-five!* It took me a while to get used to the vocals, but that's an awesome video.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:14 am Reply with quote
Xpark is another classic.

Fuma to Kamui "get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie"
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:17 am Reply with quote
Why oh why has no one mentioned the Ah! My Goddess AMV done to Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls? It's such a lovely video, probably Brad DeMoss's most inspired work.

There's also a very well-done Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust video done to a song called "Moonlight Shadow" that I have no idea from whence it came, but the video was excellent.

Finally, has no one seen the Love Hina AMV done to "Life's Gonna Suck" by Dennis Leary? Too funny!
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:47 am Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:
Finally, has no one seen the Love Hina AMV done to "Life's Gonna Suck" by Dennis Leary? Too funny!

No, but having memorized that song, I can kinda guess what it's like. Me want see. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3