• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Voice Actor Tōru Furuya Admits to 4-Year Affair With Fan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I hate, absolutely HATE the fact that there’re so many celebs turning out to be absolutely detestable people that my first reaction when I read this was “well at least she wasn’t a minor.” Unfortunately I doubt he’ll be fired as Amuro or Yamcha but I wouldn’t expect him to make any special appearances ever again. Seriously, never meet your heroes folks.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I think one difference between the case with Furuya and the other actors mentioned is the domestic violence allegations which they would definitely have to recast if they decided to press charges and he has to go to jail for it.
AsleepBySunset

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 12:39 am Reply with quote
fudge men who force, guilt or manipulate women into having abortions, with or without violence. It's the woman's body and its her choice.
Yusaku_005

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 5:46 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I think one difference between the case with Furuya and the other actors mentioned is the domestic violence allegations which they would definitely have to recast if they decided to press charges and he has to go to jail for it.

I agree that is the biggest difference with his case. Something that I am still wondering is if the altercation at the villa was a one-time event, or if there was a repeated pattern of physical abuse. If it was only one-time, it would still be cowardly and pathetic of him in that moment, but not necessarily something he can't learn from or move past. Repeated pattern? That would be a different story...
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 6:09 am Reply with quote
Celebrities are not your friends.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Gundam Voice Actor Tōru Furuya Admits to 4-Year Affair With Fan

Well, that doesn't sound too ba-
Quote:
Furuya acknowledged threatening to hurt fan in argument, causing her to have abortion

...I stand immediately corrected.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 6:09 am Reply with quote
Another affair, but this time with the legend Furuya himself and some extra activities occurred. Ain't no defending that.

Quote:
He concluded that he intended to spend the rest of his remaining life atoning for his mistakes, and is prepared to accept any punishment.

lol Because he's already at an old age. Even Furuya knows he can't NamiD his way out of this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6