• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Animation TV Ranking, April 16-22

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
>*1.2%(*2.7%) 04/18 (Wed) 1:50am-2:20am NTV Lupin III ~Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna~

How far Lupin has fallen... It can't get sales OR ratings this season. I guess Japan has just kinda moved on from that series and type of anime.

*0.5%(*0.3%) 04/19 (Thu) 1:45am-2:15am TV Tokyo Sengoku Collection
*0.3%(*0.8%) 04/16 (Mon) 2:00am-2:30am TV Tokyo Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
*0.2%(*0.4%) 04/18 (Wed) 1:50am-2:20am TV Tokyo Medaka Box

Wow!

As a side comment I have heard in othe messageboards that Sengoku Collection seems to be the lowest selling anime in history (even Below Shiki) O_o

Even lower than that Fractale show?

I certainly wish I could participate in these stats. "Watch late night anime while IN Japan." is on my bucket list :p
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
>*1.2%(*2.7%) 04/18 (Wed) 1:50am-2:20am NTV Lupin III ~Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna~

How far Lupin has fallen... It can't get sales OR ratings this season. I guess Japan has just kinda moved on from that series and type of anime.

*0.5%(*0.3%) 04/19 (Thu) 1:45am-2:15am TV Tokyo Sengoku Collection
*0.3%(*0.8%) 04/16 (Mon) 2:00am-2:30am TV Tokyo Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
*0.2%(*0.4%) 04/18 (Wed) 1:50am-2:20am TV Tokyo Medaka Box

Wow!

As a side comment I have heard in othe messageboards that Sengoku Collection seems to be the lowest selling anime in history (even Below Shiki) O_o

Early on it was. Its REALLY jumped big time in the rankings, and its now the #1 overall anime of the season in rankings. Most of it can probably be attributed to them offering exclusive items for the mobile game, though...

http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/index_news.cgi

As you can see on the bottom part, its at #37 now overall on the site among all DVD and BDs, not just anime.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:

Nah. Its probably not going to sell well, but it will sell enough on at least volume 1 to probably be noted. The "lowest selling" is an imponderable because we simply don't have the data for that.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:

Nah. Its probably not going to sell well, but it will sell enough on at least volume 1 to probably be noted. The "lowest selling" is an imponderable because we simply don't have the data for that.

Right now, the Stalker projections say 5k, with its projection raising about 400-500 a day. By the time it finally comes out, its projection will probably be over 10k... I doubt it does that much, but its probably going to do a lot better than people expected.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Right now, the Stalker projections say 5k, with its projection raising about 400-500 a day. By the time it finally comes out, its projection will probably be over 10k... I doubt it does that much, but its probably going to do a lot better than people expected.

I find that highly improbable. Possible, but improbable.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
At any rate, something tells me the disc sales will be highly uneven.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
At any rate, something tells me the disc sales will be highly uneven.

Oh yeah, this is going to sell way better on DVD than BD, since most people are just buying it for the Mobage card.

By the way, I just want to point out that episode 7 was an absolute tour de force on every level, and I would recommend it as a standalone watch to basically anyone. And CR's translation went above and beyond to keep up with Basho, translating the episode could not have been simple.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2