• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Medaka Box Anime's 2nd Season Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Yes!!!

While it may not be great (Gets just a 7/10 from me currently), I do want to see much more of it. Let's see how this turns out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
It had to of been split cour from the start, since the way its projected to sell there is no way they'd green light a sequel.

it's possible they where actually expecting season 1 to sell poorly since it would be made up mostly of stuff people disliked/ not the reason people liked the show. I dropped it but picked it up post shift and that was actually fairly good. it would explain the lackluster adaptation thus far.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote
NisiOsin never ceases to surprise me. I thought 12 episodes for Medaka Box was a really bad joke but now I'm relieved to hear there is more as the manga does get more ridiculous from here on out.
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:14 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sweet why can't the make the next season 27eps like K-On

Because this is split cour... so it was a two season anime in the first place and just got split in half, like Fate/Zero for a recent example and say Asura Cryin' for an older example.

22-55 is what will be animated in the next season.... the arc after which starts off in the final pages of 55 and will be the cliffhanger ending for the anime goes from 56-92. You would need a 24-26 episode season or another split cour to handle that. Which won't happen because the sales for this look horrible, the split cour means the first season was planned to be 24 episodes from the start...
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:36 am Reply with quote
I'll check out a few episodes even though this series was meh for me, I'm just not into 'one up' fighting shows. Maybe the second season will change my mind.
GolfDude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:46 am Reply with quote
well the season did end with a "TO BE CONTINUED" cliffhanger afterall...
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:48 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Cool. I was enjoying this as it was so I don't even need a spoiler[genre shift] to stay tuned.

I'm with you on that. Heck, I'm more worried that it's gonna change in a way I won't like than anything. But, I'll still be watching because the first set of eps were enjoyable enough to warrant my continued viewership.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:56 am Reply with quote
GolfDude wrote:
well the season did end with a "TO BE CONTINUED" cliffhanger afterall...

Yeah, I was wondering what spoiler[Gilgamesh] was doing in Medaka Box. Well, I guess his gig in spoiler[Fate/Zero] is wrapping up, so...
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:07 am Reply with quote
I hope they flesh things out more. I advoiding reading up on the Manga when it came out on anime so i wont' get spoilers. Series is amusing, but didn't explain why there super-powers going on and no one managing these high-schoolers.

Wikipedia description of the Manga made more sense and was more interesting than MB's first season. I hope they do better job...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2