• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Marvel vs. Capcom Origins Collection Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Well this is good news indeed. As I'll be recommending this for our game collection. For years I had wanted to get at least one of the Marvel vs Capcom games for my nephew, but those days are gone now and the game was out of circ. by then.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Kidnicky wrote:
I've played both these games to death, so you'd think I would remember the partial nudity. WTF?

I can't remember if Felicia was in MvC1 or not, but if she was then theres your partial nudity tag for ESRB.

The ESRB's "partial nudity" makes as much sense as partial pregnancy. You either are nude or not. Otherwise if showing some skin qualifies then every single game should have that label. Also, why do games, like fantasy games, with male characters with nothing but trunks on not have that label? They are quite "partially nude" too.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Capcom seems a little desperate for money seeing as they keep releasing all these fighting games

anyway, I'm done with them. I'm tired of paying for the same thing over and over and that on-disc DLC BS was the last straw. I'll check the clearance bin from time to time though.
Son Gokou

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
If this port of MvC1 has the option to tag characters then i'll be all over this game since that was the one issue that made the PS1 version worthless to me & the Dreamcast game superior.

Now to wait for an "HD" port of X-Men-Children Of The Atom (if they don't plan to release the PS1 port that is) along with X-Men Vs. Street Fighter & Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (hopefully with the tag issue fixed on both games as well).

Capcom always likes to release incomplete game collections. Where are those games?

Anyway I'm shocked nobody mentioned rival school. If they released those on HD, damn.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:19 am Reply with quote
Son Gokou wrote:
Anyway I'm shocked nobody mentioned rival school. If they released those on HD, damn.

That won't be happening, the game is already on the Japanese PSN under it's PS1 Classics line and according to Capcom, that took a lot more work to do than usual because of rights issues.

http://andriasang.com/con02g/rival_schools_psn/
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:51 am Reply with quote
This is awesome!!! I guess people who didn't have Dreamcast and the PS1 version (which I didn't have) will get chance to play the HD version. Now I need to Marvel vs Capcom 2 and the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Son Gokou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Son Gokou wrote:

That won't be happening, the game is already on the Japanese PSN under it's PS1 Classics line and according to Capcom, that took a lot more work to do than usual because of rights issues.

http://andriasang.com/con02g/rival_schools_psn/

Oh ic, rights because... it's not their original Ip's or something? Haha what's with capcom and their lost of rights in some of their Ip's? I remember it's one of the reason (at least what they said) why MML1 and MML2 is not on PSN.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote
I remember Marvel Super Heroes all too well in the arcades. They made Juggernaut way too powerful in that game.

However , they made Thanos ten times worse than any of the King of Fighters bosses or Alpha152 from DOA4. and they took the damage for bosses on a whole other level when they brought Onslaught for MVC. Was shocked they used spoiler[ a merger of Magneto's & the dark side of Professor X ] to create a new entity outside of the Marvel Universe.

I hope it gets released soon, cause personally,I'll take those games over the disapointment that is MVC2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2