• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist's 3rd New TV Commercial Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:00 am Reply with quote
cnav wrote:

i just hope those dirty sh++s funi don't pick this title up....i would take fansubs any day..

Uh... they already did. Besides, what does it matter if you're not buying products anyways? Neutral

(And leave English criticisms to those who can better write English. Razz )

In the meantime, it'd be hard to catch lightning in a bottle twice and so soon. The impact can be hard to replicate when you know what's coming (well, till where the first anime diverged anyways). Furthermore, as I mentioned before, many fans even related the first FMA anime with the classic Goethe's Faust - that's how you know that's some serious anime right then and there. Very Happy
cnav

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:26 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
cnav wrote:

i just hope those dirty sh++s funi don't pick this title up....i would take fansubs any day..

Uh... they already did. Besides, what does it matter if you're not buying products anyways? Neutral

In the meantime, it'd be hard to catch lightning in a bottle twice and so soon. The impact can be hard to replicate when you know what's coming (well, till where the first anime diverged anyways). Furthermore, as I mentioned before, many fans even related the first FMA anime with the classic Goethe's Faust - that's how you know that's some serious anime right then and there. Very Happy

hey listen dude...are u tryin to comment on my english...look who is talkin here...

(And leave English criticisms to those who can better write English. Razz ) ..write these kind of sentences and ull land up nowhere dude. Wink Wink

And friend.. i was talking bout fullmetal alchemist 2 ,not soul eater. Dont pass on stale news.... Cool Cool
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:04 pm Reply with quote
cnav wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

hey listen dude...are u tryin to comment on my english...look who is talkin here...

Nah, I'm just nudgin' ya to fix up your English writing a bit, especially if you're gonna critique anything English. It's just good form.
And what am I supposed to be looking about? Very Happy

cnav wrote:

And friend.. i was talking bout fullmetal alchemist 2 ,not soul eater. don't pass on stale news.... Cool Cool

Well then, to avoid confusion, that's just another thing you can fix up: when using a demonstrative determiner, it would refer back to the previous relevant noun cited, which in your case:
cnav wrote:
the soul eater anime doesnt follow the manga...
i just hope those dirty sh++s funi don't pick this title up....

Nevertheless, it's obvious FUNi will eventually pick up FMA 2 (first and foremost, the first one has been very successful for them). Still, it shouldn't matter if you don't intend to pick those up anyways. Neutral
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
cnav , I think it's preferrable that Funimation does pick it up, and fast subs it. I'm sure you'll probably still be able to find fansubs, though. They're always out there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quote
What's taking them so long?? Just like with the 2nd Negima,everyone is expecting them to do the same thing with the new FMA series by licensing it and using the old cast,ECPECIALLY if Vic as Ed.I would be really susprised if he wasn't and a lot of fangirls will declare "BLOODY MURDER" or "4KIDS CLONE" on the people at funi. they should do it already before it comes out on TV,to get a one up on those fansubbers.

Hopefully like with the first FMA,the second FMA will be brodcasted on Adult Swim cause it'll feel weird if it isn't.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cnav

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
cnav wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Nah, I'm just nudgin' ya to fix up your English writing a bit, especially if you're gonna critique anything English. It's just good form.
And what am I supposed to be looking about? Very Happy

cnav wrote:

And friend.. i was talking bout fullmetal alchemist 2 ,not soul eater. don't pass on stale news.... Cool Cool

Well then, to avoid confusion, that's just another thing you can fix up: when using a demonstrative determiner, it would refer back to the previous relevant noun cited, which in your case:
cnav wrote:
the soul eater anime doesnt follow the manga...
i just hope those dirty sh++s funi don't pick this title up....

Nevertheless, it's obvious FUNi will eventually pick up FMA 2 (first and foremost, the first one has been very successful for them). Still, it shouldn't matter if you don't intend to pick those up anyways. Neutral

@enurtsol and penguintruth

NOw i get it. The reason why i don't want funi to pick this title immediately is that in my part of the world ,not much anime merchandise is available.And bout funimation streaming episodes on thet ---that dirty service is not available in my region.That is y i don't want funimation to license fma 2 immediately.. U get it now.
And enurtsol , tell me if there is anything wrong with my writing now. Wink Wink
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:36 am Reply with quote
Still not 100% sure, anyway new info about the first opening and ending: http://csakuras.livejournal.com/488935.html

If it's true, in my opinion they are good choices. ^^

Last edited by Sariachan on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
spoony

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Who is narrating in this commercial? Is that Rie Kugimiya? It sounds like her, only lower than usual to me. Confused
cnav

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:38 am Reply with quote
I wanted larc en ciel or uverworld...but chill no probs..anything will do now.i just want the anime.

Last edited by cnav on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
cnav

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quote
^^^^its rie kugimiya. seiyu for alphonse elric.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote
cnav wrote:
I wanted larc en ciel or uverworld...but chill no probs..anything will do now.i just want the anime.

Part of me would like to hear some "old" band again on FMA, part of me would like some new ones... I hope we'll have both! Razz

After all, there will be at least 2-3 OPs, and 3-4 EDs... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tsuppi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm with you on hearing some "old" bands, Sariachan.... I was in love with the first ED by Nana Kitade, "Kesenai Tsumi!"
But for now, the leaked fact is that SID's doing an ED? And it's only a rumour about the singer for The Brilliant Green doing an OP?? Question
Ach, but the new TV spot~ So excited! [wheeze] Shocked ...Probably even the opening will blow fans away! I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be as great as "* ~Asterisk~" was for BLEACH; that song and that only induced me to watch that series. Laughing

With respect to the licensing.... Totally noob concerning that business. Won't say nothing besides that I really would like Ed's dub voice to sound like he's going through puberty, not as if he's a full-on adult. Rolling Eyes
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Call me crazy, but I never really liked L'Arc-en-Ciel's opening all that much, nor did I really like the songs they did for the movie - the one for the opening credits wasn't too bad, I guess, but yeah, I find them to be a bit over-hyped, personally. I'd much rather Cool Joke or Asian Kung Fu Generation came back to do more OPs, but I'm also very open to the idea of new people coming in to do them. I mean, it pretty much has to happen anyways, so they might as well bring it on already... OK, maybe I'm a bit impatient Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:05 pm Reply with quote
RhymesWithEmpty wrote:
Call me crazy, but I never really liked L'Arc-en-Ciel's opening all that much, nor did I really like the songs they did for the movie - the one for the opening credits wasn't too bad, I guess, but yeah, I find them to be a bit over-hyped, personally. I'd much rather Cool Joke or Asian Kung Fu Generation came back to do more OPs, but I'm also very open to the idea of new people coming in to do them. I mean, it pretty much has to happen anyways, so they might as well bring it on already... OK, maybe I'm a bit impatient Rolling Eyes

I liked the ones they did for the movie, I just didn't like "READY STEADY GO" very much. It sounded sort of droning, like they were bored of the song they were singing.

My favorite OP was "Rewrite" from Asian Kung-Fu Generation. I didn't really have a favorite ED.

Tommy heavenly6 doing a song for FMA? I like the Brilliant Green song "Ash Like Snow" for Gundam 00 and the Tommy heavenly6 song "Unlimited Sky" that's an insert in that series. I look forward to this first OP.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Definitely agree about "READY, STEADY, GO," although I at least find it listenable - can't say the same for "Lost Heaven," but that's just me.

"Rewrite" was my favorite OP, too, with Cool Joke's "Undo" being a close 2nd.

I'm not all that familiar with these other artists, but they sound pretty good to me. SID sounds particularly interesting. I'm sure BONES will put together some awesome OPs and EDs regardless of who they get, though Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7