• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Twilight Director Hardwicke Hints at Anime Version

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nausika

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I never rele did enjoy the books and never saw the movie...but I think a Twilight anime IS going too far...I mean I would think a Harry Potter anime would come out before...but thats just me cause I'm a HP fan...I probably would not waste my money on a Twilight anime
hara

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
So Asian people look like anime characters?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quote
hara wrote:
So Asian people look like anime characters?

In which whoever that guy was the actor clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. Just because it's anime doesn't necessarily make a character an Asian. talk about stereotyping here. So if Twilight were to be made into an American animation by Dreamworks or somebody, he would have said he looked American?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
but there's already an anime version of twilight, it's called Vampire Knight.

Laughing

I remember couple people joke around about that in 4chan! Good times.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
She's looking at what possible target audiences there might be. I'm wondering how well that movie did in Japan. Though I am not a fan of the series in any shape or form, but it proved so popular that they're already making the second movie. Although from what I'm told about it, the content of the series only gets worse.

If they are making a second movie, it must be popular. But I am not a fan of this series at all. There already is a anime vampire series like this movie, its called Vampire Knight. But if one is looking for a off beat anime Vampire series, I highly recomend watching Karin/Chibi Vampire.

If that guy looks asian, than I look like the pope. If the movie actually does become a anime, I can only imagine how irrated some fans will be. Only this time, I am going to step back and see this folds out, for better or worse.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:50 pm Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
but there's already an anime version of twilight, it's called Vampire Knight.

I really don't understand how you get Vampire Knight from Twilight or vice-versa.

Sure they both have love triangles & pretty boys but what romance story doesn't nowadays?

Story-wise, they're completely different.
skyechan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:51 pm Reply with quote
*shakes head* Like others, I'd pay good money to see a Hellsing/Twilight crossover only so that those sparkly vampires finally get what's coming to them from Arucard. =w=

And as others said, we already have Vampire Knight, do we seriously need another romance Vampire related anime?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Uhhh...say what??? Shocked
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote
skyechan wrote:
*shakes head* Like others, I'd pay good money to see a Hellsing/Twilight crossover only so that those sparkly vampires finally get what's coming to them from Arucard. =w=

And as others said, we already have Vampire Knight, do we seriously need another romance Vampire related anime?

Exactly. We already have Vampire Knight, Karin/Chibi Vampire and Rosario Vampire (the first series is what I am refering to, not the second for obvious reasons.)

As I said though, if there ever is a anime adaptation, the fans will pick it apart if its done well. Mark my words, because that is what would happen.
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote
OH GOOD GOD. NOOO! PLEASE JUST NO.
The anime world doesn't need Twilight! This is just an excuse to capitalise on its popularity...
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Honestly when you get down to it alot of anime characters don't look like their country of origin was Japan if they reference being apart of are universe. Even then most are modeled more according to caucasians. Code Geass is a decent example of varied character design where very few actually carry characteristic of an asian person.

Heck even my statement is flawed since race has little impact outside of design purposes in anime. verbal statements and character profiles hold more ground then design when determining a anime characters race if even stated. One of animes appeal is it's universal take and design.

In any case if a series about vampires was to become an anime I would rather have Crimson become an anime. I loved that comic.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:07 pm Reply with quote
No matter how bad it may suck it couldn't be any worse then other garbage vampire anime like Kimera for example. I figure if they ever did this it would wind up being a huge hit in terms of downloaded fansubs and nothing more. All the tween girls who think the vampires in Twilight are just so dreamy would stab their own family members to download this and squee in joy. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones who actually cry and want to kill because the guy who doesn't shave won American Idol. Personally if I want a vampire love triangle I'll wait for season 2 of True Blood on HBO tyvm.
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I agree
Pocky Monster wrote:
OH GOOD GOD. NOOO! PLEASE JUST NO.
The anime world doesn't need Twilight! This is just an excuse to capitalise on its popularity...

.........ooooooo noooooooooz *runs away, hides in thread* Mad sorry I'm not a twilight fan.

Last edited by GeneralArrow on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:13 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
How about a Hellsing crossover?

Alucard devours the panty waste vampires and kills whatsherface. The end.

This man knows what he's talking about.

Well, this will be your typical high-school otaku's dream. No longer will they sit in their rooms, deciding whether to read Twilight or Fruits Basket. If this ever actually comes out.
Expias

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a Twilight fan...

At least VK has some good characters with some actual character to them. . And more conventional vampires. Whatshername isn't as big a Mary Sue as Bella is and she can at least fight for most of what she wants.

I am not a happy person if this happens.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 12