• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Claymore GN 14

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I'm not talking about a redo, but a continuation, and I never said they wouldn't have to modify some details. Not much would actually need to be modified, though. Consider the following:

Now, keep in mind that I only have a vague notion of what's been published in Japan past the end of volume 14, so I don't know if there's anything later which messes with this plan or not, but based on what I have read this seems quite feasible to me.

Yah, I was the one who mentioned a redo. If they really wanted to continue the Claymore anime and avoid any hassles with the different ending, they wouldn't even need to do a complete redo. They could just start with new episodes from around episode 22 or so, whenever the series diverged greatly. (Can't remember when exactly, it's been a while.) Then the anime ending could be kept as an "alternate ending" or something.

Regarding events after volume 14, well, even answering whether or not they would affect an anime continuation could be considered a minor spoiler at least, so I'll use spoiler tags. spoiler[Some events occure which kind of mess up that plan, in my opinion.]

But this is getting way off topic again.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Despite Key's lack of knowledge about a few certain events that aren't currently reconciled, it could still be a fairly easy fix, especially considering how the anime ended.
maaya

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:53 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Despite Key's lack of knowledge about a few certain events that aren't currently reconciled, it could still be a fairly easy fix, especially considering how the anime ended.

I dunno, I don't think it's all that easy, considering how the manga story goes on after volume 14 .... of course, you can probably fix it, but in a way that makes sense? Not so sure ^^; Let's discuss this again when volume 15 and 16 are out.

Personally I believe Madhouse never intended to do a second season anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2