• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Natsu no Arashi (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ardlien

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:58 am Reply with quote
I'd forgotten about this series after seeing the first episode. I'm glad I got reminded about it. I'll have to check out school rumble at some point.
Analog_Now

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Analog_Now wrote:
At the end of episode 5 when there are two people talking to each other the younger girl is talking about a book as usual and she says something very disturbing.... If there even a reason for that? Beside that I'm so happy I'm getting up to date with all the fansubs.

Some of us don't have perfect memory. Could you elaborate on what you mean?

Well when I get around to it I'll quote what they said it's just that it's inappropriate to say it guess..
Mike On Top

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Analog_Now wrote:
At the end of episode 5 when there are two people talking to each other the younger girl is talking about a book as usual and she says something very disturbing.... If there even a reason for that? Beside that I'm so happy I'm getting up to date with all the fansubs.

Nope, there isn't anything disturbing she says per se - if you follow closely their "retelling" sequence, Yayoi (the girl who reads the stories and shares them with the encouraging Kanako), is always interrupted at the end. Usually, the interruption hints a catchphrase connected to other anime. In episode 5, the story premise is the same spoiler[(note, all the three times), but the introductions of the catchphrases make references to three different anime (shounen) series - Captain Tsubasa, Rurouni Kenshin, and (in the end) Saint Seiya. In that last reference, Yayoi tells about a "seemingly defenseless boy*", connoting "uke"], which is a stereotype of the passive, usually more feminine, partner in a male homosexual relation, popular in yaoi franchise.

---

* ... spoiler[The seemingly defenseless boy had something that he would always say: "Pegasus Me..." ("Pegasus Meteor Fist!")]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3