• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blade of the Immortal Manga to End After 19 Years

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:22 am Reply with quote
Hmm. Would it be totally insane of me to wait until the last volume is published, then snatch up the whole series in one wallet-eviscerating go?

I've only ever read volume one, back in a Borders, but I really loved it for how memorable the art was and how mature and compelling the story was.
DTJB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 pm Reply with quote
REALLY should get into this series someday.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:35 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Hmm. Would it be totally insane of me to wait until the last volume is published, then snatch up the whole series in one wallet-eviscerating go?

If you can get it all at once, feel free to wait, but Dark Horse does let the books go out of print for periods of time. It might be hard to get a complete set with just one purchase.
Ddoddka_10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:07 am Reply with quote
If its been going for 19years why the fack was the anime 13eps??? well looks like im gonna pick this one up Anime hyper
Bonham

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

If Dark Horse re-releases the series in the original format, I might advise going for that, instead. Samura really understands page composition and flow as a comic artist -- i.e. he knows how to lead a reader's eye -- and this really, really makes his fight scenes exciting like little else in manga. The chopped-up format with the current English release sorta ruins that... Ironically, a flopped version would have been faithful in that regard.

But if it's not that big of an issue for you? Yeah, I'd say it's worth it.
Dernhelm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:34 am Reply with quote
well, what a bittersweet Christmas Day gift this will be.
NeburPT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm posting just to let you guys know that volume 26 has appeared on Amazon with a publication date for the 9th of April of 2013: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blade-Immortal-Volume-26-Blizzard/dp/1616550988/

I doubt Dark Horse will speed up their release schedule (and we only had one volume this year instead of two...) so I'm expecting the english edition to end in around 3 years...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2