• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tenjo Tenge Creator's New Manga Is Biorg Trinity

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I wondered where this was. This could potentially be really good.
Donpablo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
A series where Oh Great! isn't involved with the writing? This may actually turn out to be comprehensible!
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Some might have issue with this, but oh well. Personally Oh Great is like the male version of CLAMP. Both come up with great ideas, and can kind of steer the ship for a little while, but then they crash the boat killing everyone on board. They should both just pitch ideas and let someone else flesh out and write the story because once they start throwing in some of the stuff they do the stories become awful. At least CLAMPs work are generally redeemed as anime because the directors can make some tweaks (Angelic Layer and CCS comes to mind) but even then we still get chobits and X.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quote
Donpablo wrote:
A series where Oh Great! isn't involved with the writing? This may actually turn out to be comprehensible!

With Maijo Otaro writing, absolutely not! But you probably won't mind. Maijo's a surrealist, and his novels flit from mad idea to made idea until he runs out of ideas, at which point they end. He's a good match for Oh! Great, and I'm very excited about this project, but don't expect it to MEAN anything.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote
Donpablo wrote:

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:21 am Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:
Donpablo wrote:

With Maijo Otaro writing, absolutely not! But you probably won't mind. Maijo's a surrealist, and his novels flit from mad idea to made idea until he runs out of ideas, at which point they end. He's a good match for Oh! Great, and I'm very excited about this project, but don't expect it to MEAN anything.

It can't get any worse than President Omaha. Anyway, this will be good no matter what since Oh!Great will focus on what he is so awesome at: drawing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1