• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - King for a Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midnighteve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Aww, no mention of Sakura Wars coming out this week? Oh well. *sad face*

Aside from that, I totally want to try out Cho Aniki, but I just can't get over the idea of paying for something I won't physically own Anime hyper I guess I'm just one of those old fashioned fuddy-duddys that like seeing her bookshelves over run with manga, anime, and video games~ (Though I did buy Fate/Stay Unlimited Codes and Suikoden...)
mckg1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Lol, rematch! this time let the PS3 case be on top. Lol, who cares, If someone owns both systems then get the PS3, If they only have one system, get it on that one(I only have a PS3 so ill be getting the PS3 ver.) Although the FF game i want is FFvs13!!!!!. FFVS13 FTW!! Cool
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quote
FFXIII: Honestly, I could care less which console people play the game on. They released it on both consoles to be fair to both sides.

Sgt. Frog RPG: The game will probably have several exhibition videos on YouTube showing all the cameo attacks.

Cho Aniki: Well, if you totally dig muscular everything or you're a musclehead yourself, this wouldn't be a bad purchase Anime hyper
robo-ky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:13 pm Reply with quote
"sgt. frog, coming to cartoon network this NEVER."
- i lol'd :maybe disney xd can take it air it w/shippuden
B.K.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:12 pm Reply with quote
You mentioned a possibility of censorship for Hokuto Musou. KOEI said this week that they are actually making the game MORE VIOLENT for the western release.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:54 pm Reply with quote
As a huge Ogre Battle fan, hearing about OB 64 has made me super happy today. If only I can muster the willpower to slog through Tactics Ogre.....I might be much happier.
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:49 pm Reply with quote
No word on the DS Yggdra Unison?

Also, Xenoblade trailer. Let's not forget the Metroid Other M gameplay footage that should put most skeptics to rest (at least those who still think it will end up as Metroid Beach Volleyball).
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:04 pm Reply with quote
DTJB wrote:
Response from the location test for KOF XIII are very positive right now. And really? Hwa Jai? Stupidest NPC from Fatal Fury 1? Really? Confused

i wont be susprised they make him insainely strong. Also i can see that as well though for me I like every single KOF game including XI which i have for the PS2 & XII.

though it seems the reviewer dont like the art of fighting team. though their endings were funny especially in the 2nd N.E.S.T.S saga (a.k.a KOF 2000 ) i guess their like the comedy team for the series. Also i also though tamuka wasnt up to snuff untill I got hammered by his heavily powered version alter ago Shin Mr Karate on SVC Chaos : SNK VS CAPCOM. Talk about one hell of an massive improvment , but they cant make the final boss weak like in the capcom side. they should make him like that for now on. YA think???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:21 am Reply with quote
The addition of Mai/King/Yuri is so bittersweet for me, because I think their designs are super ugly in this game. King is the only one that is somewhat attractive. Yuri looks awkward and squished and Mai is far more hypersexualized than usual and that forehead kills me. SIGH. Old SNK whiny fan here, that's all. I'll go back to playing KOF '98 now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Blaze Union looks like it could be interesting. I thought Yggdra Union was a highly underrated SRPG, so I'll be interested to see how they refine the gameplay mechanics in the prequel. I also like the (somewhat) more realistic art style, even if it is less distinctive. It's worth it for the fact that the commander-guy in the opening looks almost identical to the depiction of Hajime Saito in Rurouni Kenshin. I imagine they'll run into some story-related roadblocks by making it a prequel, though - after all, you can't kill any of the antagonists who show up in Yggdra, and if any other bad guys show up, you'll know they're dead meat. I do think it's a bit strange that they're skipping right to a PSP release, though - all of the previous Dept. Heaven games have been released on both Nintendo and Sony handhelds. Maybe it'll end up being ported at some point, just like the others. Ah, well, I'll probably end up getting it on PSP anyway, since that's the system I played Yggdra on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sirkoala13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
But wait, what about FF XIII's title screen? We were promised a review on it two weeks ago. I gotta know!
_Emi_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
How long until a Sakura Wars review? Not to long I hope. While the game may be pushing Gemini as the main girl, I'm all for Sagiita. As soon as I figure out how to get my game working. But I've feeling too lazy to look up the answer, especially with this heat. I'm in upstate NY, dammit! It isn't supposed to be 80 this early.

And in gaming news, Robert Culp, VA for Dr. Wallace Breen from Half Life 2, died March 24. R.I.P.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2