• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime/Manga Translator Amy Forsyth Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharonlover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:25 am Reply with quote
loved the azumanga translation. Condolences indeed.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Very sad news to hear. I give my condolences to her friends and family.
scaloy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:53 am Reply with quote
This such sad news. Shew translated some of my favorite series: Azumanga Daioh, Yotsuba, and the Full Metal Panic series.

my condolencs and prayers to her family and friends. Rest in peace Amy Forsyth.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:22 pm Reply with quote
English language manga and anime is more the poorer for the loss of such a fine talent, still it's nothing in comparison to the loss felt by her family and friends. May God grant them strength to endure their grief and may God bless her soul and may His perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.
Bajiquan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I knew Amy back in college over at NJIT(she went there for a couple of years) and I remember spotting a few pages of her work on the Cowboy Bebop manga on her home PC.

Amy's early death probably had to do with the fact that she was a dwarf and there are a number of cardiac and liver problems associated with dwarfism.

RIP, even though you moved away from NJ I always got a kick out of seeing your name in credits.
Asukatoo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quote
I don't know why I never posted anything in this forum. Perhaps because I was the one who originally sent the news to the editor or because I had already posted a comment for her family on the obituary site.

In any case, for those of you who never met or worked with Amy, you should know she absolutely loved anime and manga and was something of a perfectionist. I used to run into her often at local Japanese eateries, where she never told the staff she was a translator or worked in our industry. She was quite modest like that.

I never saw her in a bad mood, and she was always glad to help me when I had questions on a script for a show we were working on - or even one she wasn't assigned to.

I will miss seeing her smiling face at the anime screenings here in town. Thankfully, her work will live on in the manga and anime she translated for all of us to enjoy.

Tiffany Grant
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3