• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What networks should get anime and which?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazyest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 pm Reply with quote
rho wrote:
TeenNick: Ouran High School Host Club, Vampire Knight, Death Note, and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya would be a good line-up.

Cartoon Network: SGT. Frog, K-On!, One Piece, and Kekkaishi

Adult Swim: Soul Eater for sure. Inuyasha Final Act will probably come in 2011.

Disney Anime hyper: Big Windup! and Heroman

SyFy: Eureka Seven assuming [as] doesn't have the rights anymore, Code Geass, and Soul Eater if [as] missed out on it.

I agree, especially with
TeenNick: Ouran High School Host Club, Vampire Knight, Death Note, and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya would be a good line-up.
I have been studying the Teen Nick audience and those shows could work well and with proper advertising you could get regular anime fans with the regular audience and easily get 2 million views >.<
rinmackie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I more or less agree with what's already been posted. Unfortunately, I doubt most of these wishes will ever be fulfilled. The powers that be have decided mainstream Americans aren't interested in watching anime. We're lucky to get what little we do have. Sad
Alerhys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:26 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
The Lifetime Movie channel should pick up the series Hell Girl because there's nothing like watching revenge over sob stories by people too pathetic to stand up for themselves. Note: Entering a television station's name into the Hell Correspondence website doesn't send the station to hell.

Hell Girl ran on IFC.
Quote:
SyFy should pick up Cowboy Bebop because the reruns of Stargate are beginning to have an affect on overall viewership. Without Battlestar Galactica, this channel has no reason to exist.

I doubt that SyFy is going to pick up a show that already ran on Adult Swim. It would be nice if they picked up some new shows, though.
Quote:
G4 needs any anime they can get their hands on if only to save us from another episode of what they air now. Oh, and contractually, they're not allowed to run "The Feed" or any "2.0" crap. Simply anime. Nothing more.

Yeah, I really miss Anime Unleashed. They showed some pretty good series.
Quote:
Speed TV + Initial D = Match made in heaven. Seriously, if I have to explain this to you, I'm going to spork you while doing it.

Initial D ran on IATV, though I admit that's a really obscure channel (watched the Escaflowne movie on it the other night). That's where I saw Mai-HiMe, Scrapped Princess, Planates, and Kurokami as well.
Quote:
There's still nothing on.

Not enough, anyway.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Bah. I don't even watch TV anymore. Streaming is the way to go, IMO. I'm beyond sick of watching commericals every 5-10 minutes, and now I don't have to.

More anime available via streaming = good.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Beside Adult Swim, Sci-Fi, and ImaginAsian broadcasting anime. I would love to see Spike TV do more anime broadcast, also I think Lifetime channel could be perfect for some shojo anime.

Lifetime: Vampire Knight, Fruit Basket, Air, Kanon, Clannad, and maybe shonen-ai title (I think descendent of Darkness might have fit in that channel).

Spike TV: Black Lagoon, Hellsing, Darker then Black, Sengoku Basara, Shikabane Hime, Claymore

MTV: Negima, K-ON, Beck,

Playboy TV: Queen's Blade, Master of Martial Hearts, any hentai licensed in US would work for that channel Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dark Paladin X

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Hmmmmm....in the age of the Internets, the purpose of airing stuff on TV is pretty much pointless across from documentaries like Life After People or news. You can watch your favorite shows of any kind online legally.

But anyways, my take:

Comedy Central: Hayate the Combat Butler!, Toradora!, Lucky Star
TNT: Clannad, Clannad: After Story, Toradora!, Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket, Kobato.
TeenNick: Same as TNT, but exlcluding Clannad and Clannad: After Story since Clannad is mostly PG rating. Also add Azumanga Daioh and Saki into the list.
Disney X.D.: Hitman Reborn!, Heroman, Hidamari Sketch, Sketchbook ~full Color'S~, and pretty much any G-rated magical girl anime shows can fit.
[adult swim]: School Days, Elfen Lied, Black Lagoon, Death Note, Highschool of the Dead, and pretty most fanservice and gory based shows can effectively fit into there. To Aru Majutsu no Index can also fit in as well.
sirkoala13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Dark Paladin X wrote:

Disney X.D.: Hitman Reborn!, Heroman, Hidamari Sketch, Sketchbook ~full Color'S~, and pretty much any G-rated magical girl anime shows can fit.

I think Hidamari might be a little too slice-of-life. Also, Reborn might not be the best show for X.D. I mean, most of its premise is about guns and the mafia.
Dark Paladin X

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:57 am Reply with quote
sirkoala13 wrote:

I think Hidamari might be a little too slice-of-life. Also, Reborn might not be the best show for X.D. I mean, most of its premise is about guns and the mafia.

Well, in the case with Reborn, Adult Swim would be more appropriate. I put Hidamari Sketch in Disney X.D. because I fail to see anything inappropriate with the series after watching the first two episodes (despite The Anime Network's rating of this being TV-14). Maybe I didn't watch the later episodes that requires paid subscription in the Anime Network. I did watch Sketchbook ~full Color'S~ at Crunchyroll prior to the removal of most of the episodes except for the first one. Needlesss to say, Sketchbook is quite appropriate for everyone of all ages.

ABC Family is another alternative to Sketchbook ~Full Color'S~ and Hidamari Sketch.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quote
lol@TNT running moe.

The only reasonable person on here was the person that said Heroman. The thing is, no one has the chops to spend some money on ads for that show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2