• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Undead Tired

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Reaper gI wrote:
So it looks like Disgaea crossed with IDOLM@STER (or any other multiple character raising sim). Along with perverted stuff with touch controls, which has been done to death already.

I like your comparison better than what I was thinking of.
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Is it wrong if I read "Barcode Kanojou" as Banjo Kazooie?

Also can't wait with Atlus' next DS RPG. I love Strange Journey and I honestly can't wait for Etrian Odyssey 3.
belvadeer wrote:
Anyway, I don't own a DS, so I'm not sure if I'll care much about this game.

All I can say is, "Dude, you're missing out."

But I honestly can't help that Zack & Ombara sounds like Zack & Wiki except they have Negi playing as Professor Layton instead of a monkey giving hints on how to poison the locals.

Speaking of which, I can't wait for Layton: Unwound Future. And Other M is just around the corner.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:13 pm Reply with quote
I dunno if Chrono Trigger was the last time it was done well. I'm quite fond of the way Dragon Quest VII implemented a time travel story. The world is only one island with a castle town and a fishing village. It is eventually revealed that the rest of the world, several continents' worth, were destroyed in the past by various means and it's up to you to restore them. The best part is that when you go back to the present, the restored kingdoms act as if they were always there and often praise your party members (in the past) as their great heroes of old.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:52 am Reply with quote
Michi: Yeah, unless I see anything new from part VI, I consider DQVII one of the best in the series. It's a shame it got trashed by a-holes who only play games for graphics and boring cut-scenes.
Myznomer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:23 am Reply with quote
Not sure I understand your outrage at Criminal Girls. It'll never be exported, so you could just mention it in passing. And why does it boil your blood? How is it different from any other gimmick-based ecchi game from Japan? Does it have something to do with Nippon Ichi making it?
robo-ky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:31 pm Reply with quote
awesome job digging up the origins of strider, i was unaware of the original NES and the manga. I'm a huge fan of the arcade "newer" striders and hiryu is badass in marvel vs capcom, i just love his character design
Annf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:40 pm Reply with quote
The actual content of Criminal Girls is likely to be a fairly standard RPG, but tacking on a "naughty" thematic gimmick will ensure that snickering otaku bloggers and aghast srs bizness reviewers both give it plenty of attention, far more than NIS could ever hope to generate with just their advertising budget.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2