• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Heaven's Lost Property 2, Panty & Stocking, Fortune Arterial

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
re: Panty and Stocking and CR. Remember that they also streamed Gainax's last series, Hanumaru Kindergarten. It looks like they may be getting cozy with each other, and that is a good thing.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. Maybe they are getting cozier.
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quote
So glad I'll be able to watch Panty & Stocking legally. This is one series I've been looking forward to for months now!
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I hope this doesn't mean we have less of a chance of getting Panty and Stocking on DVD here, it looks like a show that could do well.

Although given Kadokawa "expiration dates" that may be a given.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Dammit, I was really hoping Funimation would get Panty & Stocking. Sad
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
Maybe an Anime no Chikara deal, too (a la noitaminA & FUNimation)?
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe Occult Academy is the last of the Anime no Chikara project, at least for now?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
Dammit, I was really hoping Funimation would get Panty & Stocking. Sad

Now that I'm cooled off, it is kind of a let down CR got it. Now I have to wait a week for the free stream from CR instead of 2-3 days for Funimation's free stream. Oh well, free is free.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm more interested in the older titles they're also streaming but can't seem to find a list of what they are. Did CR announce which other titles they're streaming or announce that they have them and will announce them on a later date?

DmonHiro wrote:
Announce Letter Bee 2 and I'll be happy.

This, glad to see so many other people anxious for the second season

Megiddo wrote:
Sam Murai wrote:
Maybe an Anime no Chikara deal, too (a la noitaminA & FUNimation)?
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe Occult Academy is the last of the Anime no Chikara project, at least for now?

Yeah, there were only three AnC projects announced, I'm still puzzled why CR got Sora No Woto and Occult Academy but not Senko no Night Raid. Would've loved to have had faster subs for that one too.

Also, CR, where/why are you hiding Durarara episode 12.5 from me? Sad
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
I'm more interested in the older titles they're also streaming but can't seem to find a list of what they are. Did CR announce which other titles they're streaming or announce that they have them and will announce them on a later date?

The second one.

I'm ready for Letter Bee 2 also!
Kyjin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:02 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Announce Letter Bee 2 and I'll be happy.

I thought they confirmed second season acquisition when the first season ended?

Really glad that there are more and more shows getting simulcasted. Shame I can't take advantage of them since I'm studying abroad this year. :/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:
re: Panty and Stocking and CR. Remember that they also streamed Gainax's last series, Hanumaru Kindergarten. It looks like they may be getting cozy with each other, and that is a good thing.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. Maybe they are getting cozier.

Kadokawa is the company licensing it to them, not Gainax (and it was King Records on Hanamaru Kindergarten).
Nebs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:19 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Now that I'm cooled off, it is kind of a let down CR got it. Now I have to wait a week for the free stream from CR instead of 2-3 days for Funimation's free stream. Oh well, free is free.

FUNimation's simulcast delays varies greatly. Several of the series they're simulcasting now are delayed a week OR MORE. You can't say for sure if they'd have Panty & Stocking up for in a few days or not. In fact currently none of their simulcasts are off by 2-3 days. It's either same-day or 1-3 weeks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
FUNimation's simulcast delays varies greatly. Several of the series they're simulcasting now are delayed a week OR MORE.

I think only Sengoku Basara 2 is like that.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:51 pm Reply with quote
While I am pleasantly surprised anad gratified, I'm still somewhat bemused at them streaming SoraOto 2 to the UK when they locked us out of the first series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Razzuel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Hell yes! I'm really excited to see Panty and Stocking, since it looks so unique, and 13 back catalog titles from Kadokawa is great too. I love Crunchyroll, so more titles is always a good thing.
Lor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote
tmsidr wrote:
Another batch of shows that is not streamed to Germany Anime hyper. It's funny that Gainax' Hiroyuki Yamaga showed us at the convention Connichi on sunday a trailer for Panty & Stocking and Kadokawa still does not bother to actually allow streaming it here...

Yeah, wtf is up with blocking half of Western Europe? There's no way in hell anyone's gonna license these shows here in Germany anyway. Oh, well. I'd probably care more if they'd done that with shows I'd actually planned on watching. It's just a shame that the announcement came after the Connichi. I would've totally walked up to some Gainax member and asked them about this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4